Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Looking for Class 405 Loco...

Quote Originally Posted by Flybyme View Post
    Yes. In the install process it well show you where it is going to install it like C:Program Files (x86)Steam/Steamapps/Common/Railworks then you click on the OK button or what ever.
    Why does his download file have a *.MSI extension when ours downloaded from the UK-TS File Library has an *.EXE extension ?

I don't know Otto. I have downloaded it from 2 sites and both times get it with a .exe. Could be a corrupt download. OP doesn't say whether he has downloaded it again.
    Intel i5-2500K 3.3GHz Quad Core, Asus P8Z 68-V LE MB, Asus GTX 960 Strix OC 2gb graphics card, Windows 10 Home 64 bit, 8gb Corsair Vengeance DDR3 ram , Viewsonic VX2452mh LED 1080P HD Monitor. Seagate Barracuda 1 TB 64MB Sata3 HD. Computer Gamer Since 1985

Quote Originally Posted by Flybyme View Post
    I don't know Otto. I have downloaded it from 2 sites and both times get it with a .exe. Could be a corrupt download. OP doesn't say whether he has downloaded it again.
    MSI downloads are using the Microsoft Windows installer:

http://www.symantec.com/connect/articles/understanding-difference-between-exe-and-msi

so how did he get it from UK-TS and we did not ?

OTTODAD

The picture shows the content of the zipped archive. It is showing an .msi file inside. You can also see the UKTS downloaded zip on the left side.

UKTS Freeware packkk.jpg

I used my browser for the download.

I can only repeat what I have said before. When I have unzipped these files and left double click of that file I get no opportunity at all to decide/choose anything:

UKTS Freeware pack.jpg

I do have up-to-date McAfee and I have turned off the virus scan. I can't do anymore than that. Sorry guys if some of you are getting a bit frustrated with me but I can't do what some suggest if that opportunity doesn't present itself.

I will download this file again when I get a chance and probably front up some dosh for subscription.

Chris.

Just a long shot here, do you have WinZip on your computer, it is a program similar to 7zip which you can get here

http://download.cnet.com/WinZip/3000...-10003164.html just download it and install it then try and install the download from UKTS. I have both 7zip and WinZip on my computer.
    Intel i5-2500K 3.3GHz Quad Core, Asus P8Z 68-V LE MB, Asus GTX 960 Strix OC 2gb graphics card, Windows 10 Home 64 bit, 8gb Corsair Vengeance DDR3 ram , Viewsonic VX2452mh LED 1080P HD Monitor. Seagate Barracuda 1 TB 64MB Sata3 HD. Computer Gamer Since 1985

Excuse me but why did you open the file. All you have to do is double click on the download and it will do everything for you. You don't open an exe file to have it install the contents. So that is your problem. If I open the file using WINRAR the msi file is inside the exe file. So again just click on the file you downloaded from UKTrainsim and it will install.
    HP Omen Obelisk Desktop, i7-8700, GeForce RTX 2080, Windows 10 Pro

Dave Horton
    North Las Vegas, NV

Because when I double click on the download, I get this:

aas.jpg

And once the extraction has reached 100%, I get this:

aass.jpg

?

You must have a bad download from UKTrain Sim. Not an unusual thing. Did you try and download the File again? If you PM me I can send the file to you via Yousendit. Since it is a freeware file no issues.
    HP Omen Obelisk Desktop, i7-8700, GeForce RTX 2080, Windows 10 Pro

Dave Horton
    North Las Vegas, NV

Cheers Dave, I am attempting to download the file again now..

Chris

Quote Originally Posted by OldFoxx View Post
    Because when I double click on the download, I get this:

aas.jpg

And once the extraction has reached 100%, I get this:

aass.jpg

?
    I still suspect that it is a permissions problem - earlier I suggested you run the .exe as an administrator, and you said you had. Now you say you double-clicked it. Why don't you try right clicking on the .exe file and choose Run as Administrator? Opening it while logged in as a user with Admin rights may not give the same results.
    Alan
    See this thread for my railway photos https://www.trainsim.com/vbts/showth...78#post1935978