Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Looking for Class 405 Loco...

Quote Originally Posted by AlanCh View Post
    I've personally had no problems with downloads from UKTS, but I have premium membership which means no queues or bandwidth restrictions. There is an alternative site where you can get these files http://www.trainsimdev.com/forum/downloads.php?cat=24 .
    Looks like membership of trainsimedev is by invitation only, however downloads look to be permissible for guests
    Last edited by OldFoxx; 11-10-2014 at 05:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by OldFoxx View Post
    As you can see from my picture, the extracted file has a .msi extension instead of a .exe extension which is shown in OTTODADS picture.
    Such downloads need to access the web site they came from to open that package on their web site and install it on your computer and what else ?

I don't like it, neither do I use "Torrent" web sites one can not be sure what they are downloading, many being illegal, handling pirated software.

I know there are some who will be saying "I never had any problems using them" ! But how do they know what they have actually downloaded and have added something to their computers Registries, to do what behind their backs ?

How do these sites get money to buy their web site's hardware. maintain it and can pay their ISPs bandwidth being used by downloaders ?

Looks like membership of trainsimedev is by invitation only, however downloads look to be permissible for guests
    I have just downloaded the DMU EMU pack from them and installed it again with no problems. I downloaded it through my browser not as a torrent. When you go to that site select what you want to download, then go to the bottom of the page and fill in the capcha, after that select download with browser on the right, after you have done that a message comes up asking if you want to download as a torrent, select no or cancel and it well download through your browser.
    Last edited by Flybyme; 11-11-2014 at 05:27 PM.
    Intel i5-2500K 3.3GHz Quad Core, Asus P8Z 68-V LE MB, Asus GTX 960 Strix OC 2gb graphics card, Windows 10 Home 64 bit, 8gb Corsair Vengeance DDR3 ram , Viewsonic VX2452mh LED 1080P HD Monitor. Seagate Barracuda 1 TB 64MB Sata3 HD. Computer Gamer Since 1985

As you can see from my picture, the extracted file has a .msi extension instead of a .exe extension which is shown in OTTODADS picture.

Attachment 64955

so when I left double click, I get the error message as shown in my first picture.

There is probably a corrupt file somewhere. I think I will either get a subscription at UKTS and/or look at the site supplied by Alan.
    I'm not sure why you are trying to extract the file - all you need to do is run the .exe that you have downloaded. Depending on your OS, how you log in and permissions you might need to Run as Administrator - just right click on the .exe and choose that option and fill in your Admin account password.
    Alan
    See this thread for my railway photos https://www.trainsim.com/vbts/showth...78#post1935978

Quote Originally Posted by AlanCh View Post
    I'm not sure why you are trying to extract the file - all you need to do is run the .exe that you have downloaded. Depending on your OS, how you log in and permissions you might need to Run as Administrator - just right click on the .exe and choose that option and fill in your Admin account password.
    It is an *.MSI executable which can be made to run the same as running an *.EXE, the computer having a connection to the Internet !

My point is I left double click that .msi file and I get the error shown in my first picture.
    Have tried as administrator.
    I don't think there is anything elase I can do with this download except download it again or go elsewhere.
    I'm happy with the process of downloading files from these websites, just takes time if you are not a member.

Question: When this file is executed - does it integrate with the folders/files in C:Railworks/assets. If the folders/files in Railworks/assets are zipped/read only etc will an error occur in executing the downloaded file.

I give up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Intel i5-2500K 3.3GHz Quad Core, Asus P8Z 68-V LE MB, Asus GTX 960 Strix OC 2gb graphics card, Windows 10 Home 64 bit, 8gb Corsair Vengeance DDR3 ram , Viewsonic VX2452mh LED 1080P HD Monitor. Seagate Barracuda 1 TB 64MB Sata3 HD. Computer Gamer Since 1985

It must be your download. I just downloaded the file from UKtraasinsim and it works. Double Left Click and it installs. My suggestion is download it again.
    HP Omen Obelisk Desktop, i7-8700, GeForce RTX 2080, Windows 10 Pro

Dave Horton
    Las Vegas, NV

My point is I left double click that .msi file and I get the error shown in my first picture.
    Have tried as administrator.
    I don't think there is anything elase I can do with this download except download it again or go elsewhere.
    I'm happy with the process of downloading files from these websites, just takes time if you are not a member.

Question: When this file is executed - does it integrate with the folders/files in C:Railworks/assets. If the folders/files in Railworks/assets are zipped/read only etc will an error occur in executing the downloaded file.
    Yes. In the install process it well show you where it is going to install it like C:Program Files (x86)Steam/Steamapps/Common/Railworks then you click on the OK button or what ever.

This thread on UKTrainsim may or may not be relevant http://forums.uktrainsim.com/viewtop...f=360&t=139756 . If you look at the last post, the problem was a left over part of McAfee.
    Alan
    See this thread for my railway photos https://www.trainsim.com/vbts/showth...78#post1935978