Thread: problem with Yardmaster 2.5

Default problem with Yardmaster 2.5

Here's the problem: during the startup process everything loads except TS consists and TS activities. They begin to load but then the process stops and then the "startup status screen" disappears. At that point the program freezes and nothing works. If I point the TS Routes to a different directory so that they can't start to load then the TS consists do finish loading and the program works. Of course the only activities that show are the ones open in the MSTS folder. Anybody else had this problem? Any suggestions. Thanks
    Don

Hi Don,

I was starting to wonder if anyone still used YardMaster. My guess is there is something really wrong with an activity stored by TS. Have you tried unstoring everything and then see if YardMaster will load? If so, that def points to an activity issue. No one else has reported this problem nor have I encountered it myself. Let me know and if you want, send me an email (address is in the YM docs). I'll try to work out the problem with you.
    Mike
    Proud Supporter of OR
    Creator of YardMaster
    "Thanks for using YardMaster"

I am using Yardmaster and Yardmaster lite.

how can i download yardmaster

Quote Originally Posted by amit8449 View Post
    how can i download yardmaster
    It's available in the file library here at TrainSim.Com

Just an FYI, this utility has some functions that were never fully developed to operate as intended, and the programs developer hasn't been on this forum for quite a while. Any problems you come up against will be unanswerable.

Quote Originally Posted by Salsocided View Post
    Just an FYI, this utility has some functions that were never fully developed to operate as intended, and the programs developer hasn't been on this forum for quite a while. Any problems you come up against will be unanswerable.
    Although I never acknowledged it in the thread any of the problems I had were rectified when I moved Yardmaster from C: Program Files (X86) to its own directory in C:
    I find Yardmaster is a great for cataloging my rolling stock and changing out consists and use it regularly. What functions are you referring to that were never developed?

Quote Originally Posted by jdonald1 View Post
    ………... What functions are you referring to that were never developed?
    RTFM page 6 (RTFM = Read the Fine Manual)
    Charles

Ok I understand now. I did correspond with Mike via E-mail when I was having problems with YM but that was 4 years ago so not sure if he is actively involved now or not.

Don