Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: South London Network Route Merged with the London to Brighton Route

Default South London Network Route Merged with the London to Brighton Route

My Christmas present to all those who have been following my advice and using my improvements to Railworks over the years hope that it does not give me a third heart attack, not getting stressed it should not do, like other MSTSBin and Railworks route mergers I have done in the past not having caused problems I could not overcome, being just FUN !!!

Already been done by someone else. It's on the Steam Workshop.

Intel i5-2500K 3.3GHz Quad Core, Asus P8Z 68-V LE MB, Asus GTX 960 Strix OC 2gb graphics card, Windows 10 Home 64 bit, 8gb Corsair Vengeance DDR3 ram , Viewsonic VX2452mh LED 1080P HD Monitor. Seagate Barracuda 1 TB 64MB Sata3 HD. Computer Gamer Since 1985

Just as well, because trying to use my WIN-7 64-bit computer to work on this merger, my WIN-XP SP3 not being good enough and after having updated the former with TS-2015 and its latest patch I am getting crashes using Ctrl-E when trying to switch into the editors and had to revert back to TS-2014.

Seems to have something to do with these new SteamWebHelper.exe *32 and SteamErrorReporter.exe *32 executables which have suddenly turned up recently, also messing with running TS-2015 on the WIN-XP computer !

Thomas Bontempo also has stopped working on his Connellsville to Baltimore route for good, getting tired of it and Railworks !

I have recently left comment with the author (Danny) on steam about his route merge.
    I wasn't quite understanding what was going on. We appear to have a route merge but I was unable to plan a QD route from London Bridge/London Victoria to Brighton in the subscribed South London to Brighton add on.
    Despite the long write up, I think the inference is that QD will only still provide routes in the South London Network area and I have to create a free roam if i wish to go to Brighton.

This merge is still a work in progress, WIP, so some things may not work.
    Intel i5-2500K 3.3GHz Quad Core, Asus P8Z 68-V LE MB, Asus GTX 960 Strix OC 2gb graphics card, Windows 10 Home 64 bit, 8gb Corsair Vengeance DDR3 ram , Viewsonic VX2452mh LED 1080P HD Monitor. Seagate Barracuda 1 TB 64MB Sata3 HD. Computer Gamer Since 1985

Route should have been set in the early 1970's - 4-SUB's, 4-EPB's and Thumpers running around, also could have included Wimbledon to West Croydon as a railway, before it was turned into part of the Croydon tram system.

Quote Originally Posted by Flybyme View Post
    This merge is still a work in progress, WIP, so some things may not work.
    I had to re-read his post a couple of times and yes, most of the track has been joined up so the merged routes can be seen. I assume route planning across the entire map will come later.

Have tested Danny's version of merging the new South London Network route with the London to Brighton route and having fixed the too low terrain in its L-B part created a Freeroam scenario to run from South Croydon to Brighton:

http://www.otto-wipfel.co.uk/video/south-london-network-to-brighton.wmv

Being Third Rail electrified any loco or MU can run in it !

Using today's tracks.bin update of Danny Leach's Steam Workshop merger of the South London Network route with the London-Brighton route in my version of his South London to Brighton combined route folders, it runs my new pathed by me in its IntialSave.bin Freeroam scenario from London Victoria Station to Brighton, not requiring the user having to monitor its progress in the #9-Map, all the switches having been set by me to MANUAL in its Tracks.bin to avoid the Freeroam player loco / train being derailed when passing them !

I am using the modded by me Kuju UK Default Class-47 Large Logo diesel, having deleted its AWS and Emergency Brakes paragraphs and having added Krellnut's Cruise Control to it, the TS-2015 Launch Options having been set to allow Speed Acceleration.

Here is it starting at London Victoria, the F4-Hud windscreen viper icon lighing up indicating that Cruise Control is active, the throttle lever being arrested static in its 0% position.

It then passes through East and South Croydon at normal speed before again using accelerated speed on its way to Brighton, it and Cruise Control turned off to slow down approaching it:

http://www.otto-wipfel.co.uk/video/south-london-network-victoria-to-brighton.wmv

If anybody who has installed Danny's merged South London to Brighton route and would like my Freeroam scenario then please let me known and I shall upload it to my web site.

It was a tough job doing this on my WIN-XP SP3 slow UK rural BT Internet Broadband computer, getting messed with and stressed by recently updated DTG TS-2015 patch and Steam Community / Workshop changes, giving me severe Angina chest pains today, I managed to control before being forced to dial 999 again and shall have to avoid using them in future !