Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 21

Thread: Corrected Bin Download links

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Nov 1999
    Location
    Huntsville, AL
    Posts
    4,659

    Default Corrected Bin Download links

    The Download links at the Bin web site at http://mstsbin.uktrainsim.com
    used to use a pass through counter at http://www.blueboard.cz/
    but http://www.blueboard.cz/ is no longer an active web site.

    To download the "Stable release 1.7.051922" use this URL:
    http://mstsbin.uktrainsim.com/data/M...1.7.051922.zip

    To download the "Work rel. 1.8.052113" use this URL:
    http://mstsbin.uktrainsim.com/data/M...8.052113en.zip

    To download the "New Screens & Widgets" use this URL:
    http://mstsbin.uktrainsim.com/data/Setup MSTS_SW.exe

    To find information about MSTS Bin still go to http://mstsbin.uktrainsim.com
    However do not expect any of the download links to work.
    Last edited by crstagg; 11-16-2014 at 06:16 PM.
    Charles

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Nov 1999
    Location
    Huntsville, AL
    Posts
    4,659

    Default

    All these URLs in my post above now give a 404 error. Began some time back when UKTrainSim had problems. There were promises to "fix", but that has not happened. About six weeks ago a work around was identified: see Atomic Systems - View Topic - Difficulty downloading the Bin Patch (Repaired 17/11/2014) - 1-1 (uktrainsim.com). Just tested the work around with no success, so it appears MSTS bin is not available at all. More reason to drop MSTS and use ORTS.
    Charles

  3. #3
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Worksop, UK
    Posts
    2,213

    Default

    Hi Gentlemen,
    Following other similar posts on this site, I have today sent an email to support at UKTS and will post the result as soon as I receive an answer.

    Cheers,
    Ged

  4. #4

    Default

    Any good reason BIN isn't already in this file library?...

  5. #5
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Stalinist,broke United Kingdom (Hey buddy,can you spare �1.3 trillion?))
    Posts
    2,155

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by crstagg View Post
    All these URLs in my post above now give a 404 error. Began some time back when UKTrainSim had problems. There were promises to "fix", but that has not happened. About six weeks ago a work around was identified: see Atomic Systems - View Topic - Difficulty downloading the Bin Patch (Repaired 17/11/2014) - 1-1 (uktrainsim.com). Just tested the work around with no success, so it appears MSTS bin is not available at all. More reason to drop MSTS and use ORTS.
    Some of us still prefer MSTS,having tried ORTS several times and despite the limitations if the former find it gives a better experience,especially as those who created ORTS do not seem open to making changes which would make it better e.g view wise.I know the problems with MSTS but can cope with them.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    .
    Posts
    2,555

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ragtimer View Post
    Some of us still prefer MSTS,having tried ORTS several times and despite the limitations if the former find it gives a better experience,especially as those who created ORTS do not seem open to making changes which would make it better e.g view wise.I know the problems with MSTS but can cope with them.

    Pssst..... Camera views were MSTS-ized awhile back, not that XP clingers-on would know, now that OR development has technologically progressed beyond XP as a suitable OS. But feel free to chronically blame development for anything else that tickles your fancy.

    Every day I praise the lord that the MSTS diversion is still available for those road-blocky stubborn KISSy folk that ORTS would never want on their user payroll anyway. The volume of regressive demands would drive some devs to quit.
    Last edited by geepster775; 12-29-2020 at 09:31 AM.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Nov 1999
    Location
    Huntsville, AL
    Posts
    4,659

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ragtimer View Post
    Some of us still prefer MSTS,having tried ORTS several times and despite the limitations if the former find it gives a better experience,especially as those who created ORTS do not seem open to making changes which would make it better e.g view wise.I know the problems with MSTS but can cope with them.
    Then my post should be considered as a reminder that you need to place copies of your D/Ls of Bin in a safe place.
    Charles

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Tujunga Calif (Senile City)
    Posts
    5,911

    Default

    https://msts.steam4me.net/MSTS_Updates/index.html. I always got it here, download at the bottom of the page
    Jim

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Nov 1999
    Location
    Huntsville, AL
    Posts
    4,659

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hiball 3985 View Post
    https://msts.steam4me.net/MSTS_Updates/index.html. I always got it here, download at the bottom of the page
    If you are referring to the download pointer at the end of this:
    Why Do I Need This Version 1.4 Web-Update

    Three reasons:

    1. You have ANY version and you want to run MSTS-Bin.

    That URL results in a 404 error also. And the downloads at that bottom of the page are for MSTS updates NOT MSTS-bin.
    Charles

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Nov 1999
    Location
    Huntsville, AL
    Posts
    4,659

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hiball 3985 View Post
    https://msts.steam4me.net/MSTS_Updates/index.html. I always got it here, download at the bottom of the page

    If you are referring to the download pointer at the end of this:
    Why Do I Need This Version 1.4 Web-Update

    Three reasons:

    1. ---
    2. ---
    3. You have ANY version and you want to run MSTS-Bin.



    That URL results in a 404 error also. And the downloads at that bottom of the page are for MSTS updates NOT MSTS-bin.

    AND the D/L in the section titled
    Important Add-Ons You Should Install


    in the Steam4Me MSTS installation instructions for Windows 7+ results in a 404 error also.
    Last edited by crstagg; 12-29-2020 at 10:45 AM.
    Charles

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
-->