Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Looking for the required SLI CP ES44AC Train Pack

Quote Originally Posted by slipperman View Post
    Hi RS_User,
    You must first make a copy of the CP_ES44_8728.sd file and call it CP_ES44_3122.sd, then open CP_ES44_3122.sd with a Unicode-aware editor (WordPad or ConText) and change the first line from Shape ( CP_ES44_8728.s to read : Shape ( CP_ES44_3122.s
    The reason you're not seeing 3122 in the sim is because its sd file is still referencing 8728 !!

Cheers,
    Ged
    Thanks Ged, I'll give that a go and see what results I get. Nowhere in the readme file for the Heritage Train Pack does it mention this. I'll update this post when I'm done trying what you suggested.

Update: I did exactly what you said to, and the sim still references SLI ES44AC 8728. I'll show you the changes I made in Wordpad below:

[email protected]@@@@@@@@@JINX0t1t______

shape ( CP_ES44_3122.s
    ESD_Detail_Level ( 1 )
    ESD_Alternative_Texture ( 0 )
    ESD_No_Visual_Obstruction ()
    ESD_Bounding_Box ()
    )

Do the modified s files need to go back into the SLI_CP_ENGINES folder or does it all stay in the Heritage Train Pack folder? Could the sim be calling on the s files from within the SLI_CP_ENGINES folder? Because I haven't changed or copied any of those around, and am only dropping the modified s files into the Heritage Train Pack as is described within the instructions.
    Last edited by RS_User; 11-25-2014 at 12:31 PM.

Hi RS_User,
    Don't forget that the eng file also specifies the shape file to be used, usually on the third line, which starts : WagonShape (

If you've not changed that, it's another reason why it's not picking up your 3122!

Sorry I can't help specifically with those particular locos because I don't have them!

Cheers,
    Ged

Hi RS_User,
    Don't forget that the eng file also specifies the shape file to be used, usually on the third line, which starts : WagonShape (

If you've not changed that, it's another reason why it's not picking up your 3122!

Sorry I can't help specifically with those particular locos because I don't have them!

Cheers,
    Ged
    Thanks for the help Ged I did what you said with the eng file, there was only 1 change in the sim, it showed another SLI CP ES44AC 8728 locomotive to pick from, but I copied over the 3122 files from the Heritage Train Pack directory, then deleted them from the SLI_CP_ENGINES folder and then it was just showing the two engines again.

I don't know what I'm doing wrong, but I'm following this readme file to the letter, and it's just not working for me. I'm following the advice of everyone who's been helping me on here too and I'm getting much more info than the readme file. I think what I'll do is just start the entire Heritage unzipping process over again from scratch, remake the folder, and now that I have the HTA and FFEDITC going, the S file will uncompress in just 1 click, then i'll do all the editing/renaming and see how that does for me.

I'll work on it a bit later though, right now going to take a nap.

Hi RS_User,
    Having had a look at the file you've downloaded, I have to say that as several changes are required to be made to the shape file, you MUST take a backup first! Also, there is a discrepancy between amendments required to the first prim_state 08 line/second asterisk and the written instructions below it - which is correct?

I must make an apology - the sd files are supplied with the correct shape file names, so must not be changed.

Cheers,
    Ged

Hi RS_User,
    Having had a look at the file you've downloaded, I have to say that as several changes are required to be made to the shape file, you MUST take a backup first! Also, there is a discrepancy between amendments required to the first prim_state 08 line/second asterisk and the written instructions below it - which is correct?

I must make an apology - the sd files are supplied with the correct shape file names, so must not be changed.

Cheers,
    Ged
    Yep that is correct. I made the changes as instructed in the readme file. I made sure to change the Prim_states lines 0's to 1's on lines 08 and 03 and also with the image code lines, changing from CP_ES44a.ace to CSX_ES44AH_3122_A.ace, CP_ES44b.ace to CSX_ES44AH_3122_B.ace and CP_ES44c.ace to CSX_ES44AH_3122_C.ace.

Now here is my question. The readme file says to copy the shape file, CP_ES44_8728.s, the SOUND and CABVIEW folder from the SLI folder into the Heritage Train Pack folder. After I uncompress the shape file, make the proper changes, recompress the shape file, do I just leave it all in the Heritage Train Pack folder, or does it get sent back to the SLI folder?

Other than the default locomotives, those 2 SLI locomotives are the only other thing showing up in the simulator, and they showed up after I installed the SLI pack. And I'm trying to use the Chessie locomotive. The way the readme file talks is just how to edit the shape file for changing or getting the properly set view, but then starts talking about having to edit the .cvf file.

I just want the Chessie locomotive in the sim, and the CSX one.

Quote Originally Posted by RS_User View Post
    Now here is my question. The readme file says to copy the shape file, CP_ES44_8728.s, the SOUND and CABVIEW folder from the SLI folder into the Heritage Train Pack folder. After I uncompress the shape file, make the proper changes, recompress the shape file, do I just leave it all in the Heritage Train Pack folder, or does it get sent back to the SLI folder?

Other than the default locomotives, those 2 SLI locomotives are the only other thing showing up in the simulator, and they showed up after I installed the SLI pack. And I'm trying to use the Chessie locomotive. The way the readme file talks is just how to edit the shape file for changing or getting the properly set view, but then starts talking about having to edit the .cvf file.

I just want the Chessie locomotive in the sim, and the CSX one.

Shape file: Shape files need to ne in the SAME folder as the Engine file that calls the shape. (Usually they have the same filename but different extensions.)

"those 2 SLI locomotives are the only other thing showing up in the simulator" Have you made Consist with the Engines you want to "Show in the sim"? The ONLY engines that MSTS will display as selectable to run are the ones that are Drivable (that is have a Cabview) AND are at the head of a Consist. The SLI pack that you installed probably came with consists that were installed with the rolling stock.

This thread sounds like RS_User is trying to become an Indy 500 Driver but only has a learner's permit.
    Last edited by crstagg; 11-25-2014 at 08:08 PM.
    Charles

For the life of me, why has this become so complicated? Make the required shape edits, rename the file, put it together with the required repaint files, make a consist, start the sim....RUN!!...total time expended : 10 freakin minutes! This is nuts!
    I'm like an old SD9; It Growls, Howls & squeaks...but it will run forever!

Quote Originally Posted by frankoburns View Post
    For the life of me, why has this become so complicated? Make the required shape edits, rename the file, put it together with the required repaint files, make a consist, start the sim....RUN!!...total time expended : 10 freakin minutes! This is nuts!
    I know . Like I said, I'm following everything that is instructed to do in the readme file, but it just feels like with all the information I'm being given here, there's alot of missing information from the readme file. I deleted the Heritage Train Pack folder and am trying again.

I'll post step by step this time what I do exactly according to the readme file.

And the first thing it tells me to do is:

Extract the contents of this zip file to your MSTS\Trainset folder; you should end up with a folder called "CSX_ES44AH_Heritage_Series". The files are designed in such a way that the contents of all 5 volumes can be installed to the same trainset folder without conflict. A few of the files will conflict because they are identically named, but the files themselves are identical so it does not matter if you overwrite them or not. You can install as many or as few of the heritage units as you wish.

So as of this moment, I have the game itself installed to E:\GAMES\MS Train Simulator. I extracted the zip file, and it's location is E:\GAMES\MS Train Simulator\TRAINS\TRAINSET\CSX_ES44AH_Heritage_Seri es. So far, I believe I have everything correct.

The next thing it tells me to do is:

Copy the CP_ES44AC_8728.s shape file, as well as the CABVIEW and SOUND folders (or just the cabview folder if you're using a third-party sound package), into the "CSX_ES44AH_Heritage_Series" folder. You will need to make a small change to your cabview (.cvf) file... the viewpoint is set too low by default and you will be looking out through the nose rather than the cab windows; this will be apparent when you see a part of the freight animation right in front of you. To avoid this, look for the "Position" entries (there are three of them) and change the middle number of each from 3.5 to 3.9. This will raise your viewpoint by 0.4 meter, enough to get you above the nose to where you should be. You may want to make this change to all of your other SLI ES44AC cabviews so that you are viewing the scenery from the correct angle, actually...

Now before I go any further, it doesn't say in the readme file where to copy the CP_ES44AC_8728.s file from or the CABVIEW or SOUND folders, but I'm assuming I'm supposed to copy that one file and both folders from the SLI_CP_ENGINES folder. The only problem is, the shape file is named CP_ES44_8728.s, so I'm assuming that is the correct shape file to copy over.
    Last edited by RS_User; 11-25-2014 at 08:48 PM.

I think the key here, based on what I have read so far - is that the OP has failed to make a consist with the repaint. That's why it's not showing up in the sim.

Hi RS_User,
    You must first make a copy of the CP_ES44_8728.sd file and call it CP_ES44_3122.sd, then open CP_ES44_3122.sd with a Unicode-aware editor (WordPad or ConText) and change the first line from Shape ( CP_ES44_8728.s to read : Shape ( CP_ES44_3122.s
    The reason you're not seeing 3122 in the sim is because its sd file is still referencing 8728 !!

Cheers,
    Ged
    Ged, not sure if you are aware of this or not, but the heritage pack already contains the required SD files - only they are named CSX_ES44AH_31xx - so the OP shouldn't need to mess with the SD files.