Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Looking for the required SLI CP ES44AC Train Pack

Well, I got RS from when I was using Rail Simulator a few years back and needed help and found this website, but I'm not too good at making names for forums :P

But, I didn't realize I needed FEDITC_UNICODE.exe. And I'm going to guess it's something I need to uncompress the s file?

This sounds like a permissions issue. With all these programs not working or completing the un-compressing operation.. Are your permissions for ALL folders involved in the operation set to allow the action? I'm assuming you have TOTAL administrative rights?
    "I didn't realize I needed FEDITC_UNICODE.exe. And I'm going to guess it's something I need to uncompress the s file?"
    I thought you said you read all the instructions...(ie: setting the UNICODE editor path, needing Internet Explorer etc.) The shape-file is in UNICODE and must be saved the same way.
    Last edited by frankoburns; 11-24-2014 at 06:43 PM.
    I'm like an old SD9; It Growls, Howls & squeaks...but it will run forever!

Quote Originally Posted by frankoburns View Post
    This sounds like a permissions issue. With all these programs not working or completing the un-compressing operation.. Are your permissions for ALL folders involved in the operation set to allow the action? I'm assuming you have TOTAL administrative rights?
    "I didn't realize I needed FEDITC_UNICODE.exe. And I'm going to guess it's something I need to uncompress the s file?"
    I thought you said you read all the instructions...(ie: setting the UNICODE editor path, needing Internet Explorer etc.) The shape-file is in UNICODE and must be saved the same way.
    Yes, I have total administrative rights. I'm not sure what I would need to set as a folder option to allow this operation however. And I did indeed read through the instructions for SFM and it does mention UNICODE, but in the instructions it doesn't say "You need UNICODE for this program to work properly" I'm one who takes things very literal. So for instance if the instructions don't say that I need B for A to work, then I'm going under the assumption A will work all on it's own.

I'm completely new to all of this, so please forgive me. I'm just so used to, install and go.

Did you check the file size to make sure are not working with an empty file?

John

Quote Originally Posted by DCRR1 View Post
    Did you check the file size to make sure are not working with an empty file?

John
    Yes. According to the size on the file, CP_ES44_8728.s the file size is 385kb

Did you do this?

" NEWSHAPE.BNF: Some shape files, particularly locomotive models, that utilize
    "slerp_rot" in the ANIMATIONS section require a patched version of the NEWSHAPE.BNF
    file to compress/uncompress correctly. Copy the enclosed patched NEWSHAPE.BNF to the
    folder that contains FFEDITC_UNICODE.EXE after making a backup of the original.
    (A copy of the original NEWSHAPE.BNF is also included in this distribution.)"

Target directory for the BNF is "Microsoft Games\Train Simulator\UTILS\FFEDIT\"

Did you do this?

" NEWSHAPE.BNF: Some shape files, particularly locomotive models, that utilize
    "slerp_rot" in the ANIMATIONS section require a patched version of the NEWSHAPE.BNF
    file to compress/uncompress correctly. Copy the enclosed patched NEWSHAPE.BNF to the
    folder that contains FFEDITC_UNICODE.EXE after making a backup of the original.
    (A copy of the original NEWSHAPE.BNF is also included in this distribution.)"

Target directory for the BNF is "Microsoft Games\Train Simulator\UTILS\FFEDIT\"
    Well, I didn't do that, but what I just did was, put all the contents of SFM in a directory along with FFEDITC and the shape file, all into one directory. Opened HTA, clicked on Options for the CP_ES44_8728.s file and, it uncompressed it. I am now viewing the code that is shown in the instructions for the CP_ES44_8728.s file.

Okay, so after the file uncompressed, I was able to make the appropriate edits in the shape file that are mentioned in the readme file that comes with the Heritage Train pack. Those are changes to the Prim_States code and the image code. When I changed the image section, I was assuming that would have changed the locomotive picture in game, but it hasn't. Oddly enough, nothing seemed to change, other than the fact after the file uncompressed, it made 2 new files, TEMPDP.S and TEMPDPX.S.

I did all the uncompressing, editing and compressing through HTM. It opened Wordpad as the editor so when I was done editing, I clicked on Save in Wordpad, and compressed the CP_ES44_8728.s file. I'm not sure what else I'm supposed to do, because nothing else is mentioned in the readme file other than a sound pack from a different web forum, but i've edited every bit of code I was supposed to, unless I'm supposed to edit the .sD file as well?
    Last edited by RS_User; 11-25-2014 at 11:02 AM.

After editing the shapefile, you must rename it to correspond with the shape name listed in the SD file of the repaint you are wanting to use. This is outlined in the repaint's instructions, is it not?

After editing the shapefile, you must rename it to correspond with the shape name listed in the SD file of the repaint you are wanting to use. This is outlined in the repaint's instructions, is it not?
    There is a mention of "I strongly recommend uncompressing your shape file, making the edits, then making copies of this file for the other units and changing the engine number (both in the filename and the texture references), then recompressing all of the shapes once you're done."

It doesn't make any mention of the SD file in the readme file for the Heritage Train Pack. But what I did after compressing the shape file was renamed the CP_ES44_8728.s to CSX_ES44_3122.s and still not getting any results. Even in game, all I see are 2 trains that were added with the SLI, and they show up as SLI ES44AC 8728 and SLI ES44AC 8737.

Do I need to change the original CP_ES44_8728.sd file to CSX_ES44_3122.sd and overwrite the existing CSX_ES44_3122.sd file?

Hi RS_User,
    You must first make a copy of the CP_ES44_8728.sd file and call it CP_ES44_3122.sd, then open CP_ES44_3122.sd with a Unicode-aware editor (WordPad or ConText) and change the first line from Shape ( CP_ES44_8728.s to read : Shape ( CP_ES44_3122.s
    The reason you're not seeing 3122 in the sim is because its sd file is still referencing 8728 !!

Cheers,
    Ged