Thread: SLI Amtrak horn problem

Default SLI Amtrak horn problem

So, I've been having some trouble adding new horns to the SLI Amtrak locomotives. I know how to do it, and it sort of works. The game reads that I've installed the new horn, but the sound of the horn is very high-pitched for some reason. I've tried multiple horns and it does the same thing with each one. It sounds fine when I preview them, but when I open the game and blow the horn, it just sounds like a high-pitched squeal. Has anyone else had this problem with the SLI Amtrak engines? If so, how do you fix it?

Ah that's due to the .wav file having a different sampling rate than the .sms calls for; not sure how to adjust it though.

Having a channel mismatch in the .wav file will result in screeching...

For in-cab, 16 bit stereo @ 11025 Hz

For external, 16 bit mono @ 11025 Hz

That's why you have separate files for each internal and external sound...
    Last edited by eolesen; 11-23-2014 at 09:24 AM.

SLI use 22050 Hz for their sounds, so that is why the horn is screeching. Look in the SMS files for the horn and then change the 22050 to 11025.
    Beer is not a matter of life or death, it is much more serious than that.

Quote Originally Posted by baldwin View Post
    SLI use 22050 Hz for their sounds, so that is why the horn is screeching. Look in the SMS files for the horn and then change the 22050 to 11025.
    I tried what you said and changed the numbers, but I opened the game and a pop-up showed up telling me it couldn't find the SMS file anymore. Also tried boosting the new horn files to 22050 Hz but that didn't help either for some reason.

Quote Originally Posted by blksk8 View Post
    I tried what you said and changed the numbers, but I opened the game and a pop-up showed up telling me it couldn't find the SMS file anymore. Also tried boosting the new horn files to 22050 Hz but that didn't help either for some reason.
    Did you pay attention to the way you saved the file? Preserving the file extention and making sure it was saved in Unicode?
    I'm like an old SD9; It Growls, Howls & squeaks...but it will run forever!