Thread: msts bin 1.8.0105 size error

Exclamation msts bin 1.8.0105 size error

So I have MSTS and the MSTS Bin 1.8.0105 patch installed as well as a whole bunch of addons, totalling 16.2GB worth. The problem is that in control panel I noticed that the msts bin patch seems to be counted as a separate file completely. So while it shows the msts install as taking up 8293MB of space, it also show msts Bin as taking up 15577MB of space. Why is it showing up as something seperate? Is there any way to fix this? It also seems that some of the addons are also having the same problem. Specifically Unterland 2.0 at 14576MB, Columbus Locomotive Works Alco PB Add-on Locomotives at 9468MB, CLW Baldwin AS 616 Locomotive Set McCloud River Heritage Edition at 9366MB, CLW Southern Pacific EMD SD7 / SD9 Set at 9366MB.

Any Help would be appreciated.

I am running
    MS Windows XP Professional
    Version 2002
    Service Pack 3
    Pentium 4 2.8GHz
    1GB RAM

The Bin Patch IS a seperate install!

As are all those add-on's you listed.

What problems is this listing of file sizes causes?
    ............Vince ..............
    ...... Author NECv4 .......
    .... LIRR BUILD PHOTOS ....
    .............LIRR VIDEO.............
    ...... Eschew Obsfucation ......

On the The Statue of Liberty in New York Harbor there is a Tablet. On it is written:
    "Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
    the wretched refuse of your teeming shore, send these, the homeless, tempest-tossed to me,
    I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"

Each of those files uses an exe installer. Every exe installer gets its own entry in the install/uninstall file list. The MSTS install size is only the base install from the discs, and does not include any addons. For a true view of the MSTS install size, check it within the Explorer folder view, right click on the trainsim folder, then click Properties.
    Beer is not a matter of life or death, it is much more serious than that.

These size listings in control panel should have absolutely no effect on the game's working. Personally, I think they're kind of amusing when I see some 10MB engine file being listed as 10GB or some other ridiculously large number.