Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Blank Freight Cars

Default Blank Freight Cars

Hi,
    Can someone please tell me how I might go about fixing this problem that I have with a few of my freight cars, where they are blank and I have tested them in Conbuilder and Route Riter to see if I'm missing any files and they come up with no problems Attachment 65310 you can see that I have a Gon and a CenterBeam in the train that are blank, the Gon is a GONX from a pack and all the other cars in the pack are fine but for some reason the GONX are does this ?
    Any help would be great.

Thanks Tim

Conbuilder doesn't test for texture problems, unfortunately.

The best way to track down these kind of errors is to open the shape file in SFM and look in the "images" section to see what files it is calling for, and see if they are in the folder the car is in.

dredick,
    thanks I will give that a try .

Opening in Shape Viewer and selecting View, Textures for a given shape will also show you what is missing.
    Glenn Duba
    Cinnaminson, NJ

I have had the same problem. I even posted about it.

https://www.trainsim.com/vbts/showth...ut-no-textures

While I was able to reduce some of it, I was not able to totally solve it. Since I have not seen to many people posting about this problem, I suspect it has something more to do with the graphics card that we are using on our end more than anything else. I was not exactly using a high end card. I did notice that as I progressed longer in the activity in question it got worse. I should note also I had a large number of loose consists and a fair number of AI trains. The route in question was Cajon Pass 3 Main Lines. My computer specs are as follows-
    Windows 7 Home Premium (64 bit)
    AMD FX 6120 Six core processor- 3.5 GHZ per core
    10 gb memory
    EVGA Nvidia Geforce GT 610-2 GB DDR3 memory
    Creative Lab Soundblaster X-Fi Titanuim

It might help if you post your computer specs also so we know what you are working with.

=ATSFFAN=

this is what is under the hood on my machine
    Windows 7 Home Premium (64 bit)
    Intel (R) xeon (R) CPU [email protected]
    8GB memory
    Video Card NVIDA GE Force GTX 650Ti
    I use open rails and will try these in MSTS.
    Tim

Try checking in settings "Large Address Aware Binaries" an it should fix the problem but beware if your graphics card isn't 3GB or more of memory. ORTS standard without this checked is 2GB where it will make cars appear blank because its limiting the textures of both cars an scenery to not exceed 2GB total to protect from stressing your card too much an is no loading back unless you exit back to menu.

Which set is the problem with. I have a GTX650TI and only have the missing texture problem if there are a lot of 4096x4096 textures on the train.
    Beer is not a matter of life or death, it is much more serious than that.

One of the sets is a container set for open rails by ATW and at night the container cars are blank but the containers inside show up ok and if you take the same consists and run it in the day time everything is fine?
    Tim

Well, there are 10 ATWell sets to choose from, and what filename contains the problem GONX cars?
    Beer is not a matter of life or death, it is much more serious than that.