Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Blank Freight Cars

I have the same issues with the same cars. This pic on the East Metro route in the fall shows it. Everything appears fine in the summer mode, but fall triggers the loss of the main shape textures. The LAA box checked or unchecked has no effect. I may try and resize the textures down to 1024, but there's a lot of them so probably not lol.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    -Mike

Problem found an solved on my end for what I'm sure everyone has been wishing for if you look at this topic an pic in it http://www.elvastower.com/forums/ind...66#entry168466

Last edited by UP_4848_Thunder; 12-25-2014 at 09:48 PM.

Better view an comparison.

I've looked at this and the other thread at Elvas now a couple of times and I still can't make any sense of what you posted. Run-on sentences and the inability to spell 'and' aside, am I to guess that the 'fix' involves adding textures to a seasonal folder? I really like these cars and would love to use them more, but if I can't get them to show up then I'll have to move on I suppose.
    -Mike

Was making a tutorial but all I can start out saying is go into the cars folder that becomes blank an make a new folder in it an name it the season that it becomes blank like Winter an copy its textures into the folder 1 by 1 testing an loading to see when you are satisfied.

I back than was making my cars, locos thinking of some day adding them to a route as scenery an of course I wanted them to have different seasons of textures so with TSM I added season changing textures an with ORTS was in this texture missing problem an kept experimenting etc... than it came to my mind Christmas Day to see what happens if I do this by adding a winter season folder to my tweaked test unit SD70M folder an put ace textures 1 by 1 in there an than textures started loading up in Winter Clear an I made a snowy texture an got blown away.

But one thing came up is they didn't load in Winter snow an than I did the same thing by copying Winter folder textures an made a WinterSnow folder an than pasted them there an again they loaded. But if one doesn't want to waste space with duplicated season folders with precipitation just load them in clear none rain snow folder than add precipitation in ORTS with alt+P an textures will stay as loaded. With this find an for future releases of more ATWells I can make my cars/locos an textures have various seasons that I can even make one for my unit being regular painted in folder being Summer. In Spring I can make them dirty or even vandalized in another season, Winter with minimum snow an for WinterSnow have lots of snow

Season folders Winter, WinterSnow, Spring, SpringSnow or just a Snow folder for all etc... still more to experiment.

Yes English typing sucks when your rushing excited or love making people guess.
    Last edited by UP_4848_Thunder; 12-28-2014 at 12:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by UP_4848_Thunder View Post
    I wanted them to have different seasons of textures so with TSM I added season changing textures
    The variable for changing textures according to season is saved in the .SD file. Is the variable for ESD_Alternative_Texture set to ( 0 ) in the .SD file? If not, try changing it to ( 0 ) and see what happens.

Quote Originally Posted by dcarleton View Post
    The variable for changing textures according to season is saved in the .SD file. Is the variable for ESD_Alternative_Texture set to ( 0 ) in the .SD file? If not, try changing it to ( 0 ) and see what happens.
    I tried setting ESD_Alternative_Texture set to ( 0 ) . I did only one well set as a comparison so the ones behind it are still blank. I also set the activity to Winter. Here is a screenshot. As you can see it worked.

=ATSFFAN=

Quote Originally Posted by dcarleton View Post
    Thanks David, that did the trick. Set the .sd 'ESD_Alternative_Texture' parameter on the problem cars to '0' and that fixed it.
    Thanks guys for the help on this and thanks Andrey for the sweet 53' well cars in the first place!
    -Mike

Quote Originally Posted by Timbit View Post
    ...the car in question is by ATW and is (DTTX 742640 5 pack container car )
    Noticed that 724650's (found in atwellsoceanset4.zip) ESD Alternative Texture Entry in the SD file was 252, so set it to 0.

742640 is found in atwellsoceanset5.zip.

Spot checking other files in the megapack, it appears that there are other cars affected by this so for anyone who has this "15-pack", and is experiencing this same issue will probably need to go through each and every SD file to ensure that the ESD_Alternative_Texture entry is set to 0.

That's another nice find to get rid of the cars from being blanks in a season an saving space... Thanks for the find. But I'm still making some of them have special season textures representing an environment. Wonder why ORTS just doesn't go to present textures if a season one is missing.