Thread: Able to run OR and MSTS on my new Ipad Air 2 with 64 GB!

Jct of the NS Southern Tier an, New York.

Default Able to run OR and MSTS on my new Ipad Air 2 with 64 GB!

Hello,

Using the Chrome Remote App installed on my new Ipad Air 2 with 64 GB and PC desktop, I am able to run OR and MSTS remotely on the Ipad. I can control trains shown on the Ipad using the mouse function provided by the app and the built in keyboard on the Ipad. The MSTS and OR graphics look good on the Ipad screen. I haven't yet explored the real world implications of this novelty, but it sure is a neat find. I wish had photos to show of OR and MSTS running on the Ipad. I may get some photos later.

Sincerely,
    Walter
    Last edited by erielackawanna; 01-15-2015 at 04:17 PM.

Have been able to do that with my 16GB iPad using the app TeamViewer for about 3 years now.
    Charles

Hello Charles,

I am experiencing intense flickering when running MSTS on my Ipad. I haven't checked yet OR. Have you also been experiencing the flickering when running MSTS/OR on your Ipad?

Sincerely,
    Walter

Quote Originally Posted by crstagg View Post
    Have been able to do that with my 16GB iPad using the app TeamViewer for about 3 years now.
    Who wants to do that on a small screen whatever, ruining one's eyes, just running train simulators like games and not being able to work on them, using available for them tools, which to me is the most important part of having one !

Quote Originally Posted by OTTODAD View Post
    Who wants to do that on a small screen whatever, ruining one's eyes, just running train simulators like games and not being able to work on them, using available for them tools, which to me is the most important part of having one !
    Someone who wants to have a feeling of accomplishment to see if it would work. And for your information I can run the tools from the iPad also. It is just using the iPad to remotely control your big desktop PC.

And Otto with programs like TeamViewer and Chrome Remote one can run ANY program running on any PC or Mac remotely using an iOS or Android tablet. And no it does not ruin your eyes. BUT it does test your patience as its responsiveness is totally dependent on the speed of your internet connection.

Quote Originally Posted by erielackawanna View Post
    Hello Charles,

I am experiencing intense flickering when running MSTS on my Ipad. I haven't checked yet OR. Have you also been experiencing the flickering when running MSTS/OR on your Ipad?

Sincerely,
    Walter
    Oh yes. Same with other apps also
    Charles

Hello again,

Actually, I am not experiencing any intense flickering when running OR on my Ipad.

Quote Originally Posted by crstagg View Post
    BUT it does test your patience as its responsiveness is totally dependent on the speed of your internet connection.
    I have to wonder if that's even a factor, Charles. Once the connection is made thru the service, I don't think the traffic between the host and the iPad leaves your router (assuming you're connecting across the same local network). Thus, it may not be your broadband which is the limiting factor, but the speed and quality of your wifi connection.

If wifi is good enough for a Roku, ChromeStick, or other streaming devices for HD resolution, I'd think it would be just fine with Teamviewer and Chrome Remote. You won't get 150fps, but it can't be any worse than what we had with MSTS to begin with...
    Last edited by eolesen; 01-16-2015 at 12:15 PM.

The bad part is if you want to play msts or OR while your away like at the airport or a car trip you'd have to leave the computer on or have someone start it and open the program up

Quote Originally Posted by eolesen View Post
    I have to wonder if that's even a factor, Charles. Once the connection is made thru the service, I don't think the traffic between the host and the iPad leaves your router (assuming you're connecting across the same local network). Thus, it may not be your broadband which is the limiting factor, but the speed and quality of your wifi connection.

If wifi is good enough for a Roku, ChromeStick, or other streaming devices for HD resolution, I'd think it would be just fine with Teamviewer and Chrome Remote. You won't get 150fps, but it can't be any worse than what we had with MSTS to begin with...
    I was at my Daughter's house in Nashville, TN 2 hours away from my desktop in Huntsville, AL.
    Charles