Thread: SLI Repaint BNSF SD70MAC 9782 to BNSF SD70MAC 9647

Default SLI Repaint BNSF SD70MAC 9782 to BNSF SD70MAC 9647

Hello, I have been hunting for the elusive SLI SD70MAC 9782 that was used to repaint a couple of other locomotives. It is something that I was not able to locate even using the WayBack Machine and searching both BNSF & CSX. It is kind of confusing in the readme, "2. Locate the original installation folder for the Streamlines product; CSX SD70MAC Engine Pack Common location: (C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Train Simulator\TRAINS\TRAINSET\SLI.BNSF)
    3. Locate and copy the file ( BNSF_SD70MAC_9782.s ) in the SLI.BNSF folder....".

I managed to find a file at "Torrent" but I am reluctant to download from there, apparently there is a specific reader for their files? and it comes up as an "intrusion file".

I am comfortable working in the Shape Files to alter the Ace files, but I am at a loss as to which ones to use for the "S" file and then would the "Ace" files do the job.

I have most SLI sets back to the original Scenic, as well as some good models from early MLT routes to utilize the SD70MAC shape files. If one of the competent repainters could use a more recent model, to duplicate the paint on at least this unit, I would be very pleased, as well as others probably, who do not have these older files. I would pay for the set that includes this locomotive if I could locate the SLI Set. As the Trackside locos become available here, it would be nice to have an alternate, more recent locomotive to use for the shapes.

Quote Originally Posted by Don6218 View Post
    Hello, I have been hunting for the elusive SLI SD70MAC 9782 that was used to repaint a couple of other locomotives. It is something that I was not able to locate even using the WayBack Machine and searching both BNSF & CSX. It is kind of confusing in the readme, "2. Locate the original installation folder for the Streamlines product; CSX SD70MAC Engine Pack Common location: (C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Train Simulator\TRAINS\TRAINSET\SLI.BNSF)
    3. Locate and copy the file ( BNSF_SD70MAC_9782.s ) in the SLI.BNSF folder....".

I managed to find a file at "Torrent" but I am reluctant to download from there, apparently there is a specific reader for their files? and it comes up as an "intrusion file".

I am comfortable working in the Shape Files to alter the Ace files, but I am at a loss as to which ones to use for the "S" file and then would the "Ace" files do the job.

I have most SLI sets back to the original Scenic, as well as some good models from early MLT routes to utilize the SD70MAC shape files. If one of the competent repainters could use a more recent model, to duplicate the paint on at least this unit, I would be very pleased, as well as others probably, who do not have these older files. I would pay for the set that includes this locomotive if I could locate the SLI Set. As the Trackside locos become available here, it would be nice to have an alternate, more recent locomotive to use for the shapes.
    Yes, I don't have the "BNSF SD70MAC Engine Pack" at this time either. I think I have seen it in "the WayBack Machine" but I can't remember the exact date snap shot for the set. When I did see it I was not interested in it at the time. I will be re-searching for that set now...

Even though It is one of my least favorite paint schemes, I do want to have that unit in my "Roundhouse" since the loco is a part of history.

I do have the SLI.BNSF folder from another set, and I found that a couple of other SD70MACs that SLI did, such as BNSF_SD70MAC_9871.s, has similar texture layouts that are very close...

SLI has release many Loco shapes/textures over the years that are almost identical.

I downloaded the last two Conrail C40-8 units that were uploaded, and I don't have those shapes either. But I did discover the freeware CSX C40-8 is nearly identical. I already started making a couple of updates to one of the units, so I could use them. Things are going well from what I can tell...

But, BNSF SD70MAC 9647 seems to be a bit more complicated though...

UPDATE 1:

Found the Wayback Machine Link for the "BNSF SD70MAC Engine Pack":

http://web.archive.org/web/201011140...ginepacks.html

Let's hope SWREG has not disabled it...

UPDATE 2:

The "BNSF SD70MAC Engine Pack" has not been disabled and can still be purchased....

Make sure to leave off the "http web archive org ..." portion of the "Add To Cart" url link when entering it into your browser!

...I just purchased my copy and i'm downloading it now!
    Last edited by MCDemuth; 01-17-2015 at 07:31 PM.
    Yardmaster of the Great American Moose Paint Shops.
    a Moose Interchange Rail Company division.
    http://mjrmstsrepaints.proboards.com
    TTFN!

The files Danny Beck gave out has that shape file with them .

Quote Originally Posted by raver633 View Post
    The files Danny Beck gave out has that shape file with them .
    Good to know that there are several ways to still be able to use that unit...

I also want to say...

Jeff Auberpine, Thank You for the excellent repaint; & Bernard Grant, Thank you for re-uploading it here!
    Yardmaster of the Great American Moose Paint Shops.
    a Moose Interchange Rail Company division.
    http://mjrmstsrepaints.proboards.com
    TTFN!

Hi Guys thanks for the nice comments, my apologies for the typo in the instructions which as was pointed out should have been the "BNSF SD70MAC Engine Pack" this was one of the units that i did not have the original download for still and so had to re-create it using Jeff's original aces and readme from one of his other repaints, with all the other units i was preparing i missed that typo when checking it over, thank goodness i got it right in the description in the FILE_ID.DIZ file. I have always like that repaint of Jeff,s and Jeff did tell me the other day that it will be nice for newer members of the community to enjoy the units once again, and of course those that missed them the first time around.

Thank goodness for the wayback machine.
    Last edited by burgerbern; 01-18-2015 at 04:24 AM.

Intel i5 2400, Mobo ASUS P8H67, Win 7 Prof 64bit, 32GB Ram, Nvidia GTX960 4GB, SB Audigy, 6.25TB HDD's.

Thank you all for the great response to this.

I used the shape file from SP_SD70M_9823 from MLT's Cascades Crossing. It looks great to make BNSF 9647. The same file would not do for 9647 however.

I had downloaded a lot of the Danny Beck locomotives in the hope that a lot of the earlier shapes would again be made available or alternates found and published.

Thank you all again.

************************************************** ************************************************** *****

I now have the proper set. Thank you all again. I would still like to see some of these updated to utilize some present-day Shape files with the added detail as well as the updated ENG files.
    Last edited by Don6218; 01-19-2015 at 08:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MCDemuth View Post
    Yes, I don't have the "BNSF SD70MAC Engine Pack" at this time either. I think I have seen it in "the WayBack Machine" but I can't remember the exact date snap shot for the set. When I did see it I was not interested in it at the time. I will be re-searching for that set now...

Even though It is one of my least favorite paint schemes, I do want to have that unit in my "Roundhouse" since the loco is a part of history.

I do have the SLI.BNSF folder from another set, and I found that a couple of other SD70MACs that SLI did, such as BNSF_SD70MAC_9871.s, has similar texture layouts that are very close...

SLI has release many Loco shapes/textures over the years that are almost identical.

I downloaded the last two Conrail C40-8 units that were uploaded, and I don't have those shapes either. But I did discover the freeware CSX C40-8 is nearly identical. I already started making a couple of updates to one of the units, so I could use them. Things are going well from what I can tell...

But, BNSF SD70MAC 9647 seems to be a bit more complicated though...

UPDATE 1:

Found the Wayback Machine Link for the "BNSF SD70MAC Engine Pack":

http://web.archive.org/web/201011140...ginepacks.html

Let's hope SWREG has not disabled it...

UPDATE 2:

The "BNSF SD70MAC Engine Pack" has not been disabled and can still be purchased....

Make sure to leave off the "http web archive org ..." portion of the "Add To Cart" url link when entering it into your browser!

...I just purchased my copy and i'm downloading it now!
    Did the same thing today. Nice to know that I can still buy the CSX SD70MAC pack with a workaround! A lot of activities from the file library require the pack. Apologies for bringing a dead post back to life.
    Last edited by northeastern292; 05-12-2015 at 04:43 PM.