Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Upcoming release.

Default Upcoming release.

For the past few months, I've been hard at work on the upcoming FDL16 sound pack, getting it ready for release. I have now finished it, and it is pending release, which should be sometime this week.

The pack will include files for GE's dash 8 series and the later GE modals that are equipped with the FDL16 prime mover, with several different versions depending on the locomotive modal and specs. Included are, ATSF, BNSF, BCOL, CSX, NS and SP, to name just a few. There will also be an MSTS-compatible version of the sound pack for those of you who still use MSTS.

Bellow is a short teaser video of the CP (P3 equipped version) sounds.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dk9uBkII0Dk
    Last edited by SantaFe801; 01-20-2015 at 09:22 AM.

I like what I heard, but would have liked to hear the 4-cycle throb of the big GE diesels from the outside.
    Larry Steiner
    Grand Rapids, Michigan

Like always, your work is phenomenal, but what's with the new account?

Quote Originally Posted by mipman25 View Post
    Like always, your work is phenomenal, but what's with the new account?
    This is my employee account, since I'm basically the eyes and ears for the company. Chris very rarely has a presence on any of the forums.

I would also like to hear all of the notches both inside and out, especially since there are freeware sets for these locomotives in the file library.
    Nick - Creator of the Virtual Railroading Review Show

Quote Originally Posted by Train-a-Mania View Post
    I would also like to hear all of the notches both inside and out, especially since there are freeware sets for these locomotives in the file library.
    Hey Nick,

If you look at the product page you should see two videos showcasing inside and out sounds for the set.
    Last edited by metrarailboy1; 01-21-2015 at 02:43 PM.

Since there nothing listed for MSTS on the site, is the MSTS-compatible version included in the purchase of the set under the OR section?
    Does the MSTS version lack, or degrade in quality?
    Neil

Here at home, in the railroad mayhem capital of the world.

Quote Originally Posted by qballbandit View Post
    Since there nothing listed for MSTS on the site, is the MSTS-compatible version included in the purchase of the set under the OR section?
    Does the MSTS version lack, or degrade in quality?
    Currently they are not MSTS compatible but we are looking into doing a MSTS version. And no MSTS version should not be downgraded in quality but I would have to ask Nash that.

Still don't understand why they wouldn't be MSTS compatible already? They have to be under a SMS file still and Khz rated accordingly in that. As far as I know, Open Rails hasn't done anything more special in regards to sound features that already exist in MSTS, or that MSTS is capable of doing with the proper SMS and treated WAV files. Or maybe I missed something?