Thread: February Update - New Features

Default February Update - New Features

Thought I'd post this video on some new features both announced, surprise, and possibly a bug (though if it's a bug I hope they don't fix it). Basically what it allows you to do for those who do lots of tagging in yards or industries is to quickly run or fly over the cars. But unlike before where you had to stop and click anything within range to tag, there is a new feature. Simply start your progress and click onto a car as you are passing by. Get ready to copy and paste whatever tags you want because you are not stopping until you want to. You will continue to fly, walk, or run at whatever pace you started at. While you continue to fly click on every car as you go by and change the tags. You can now do a train in a yard in a matter of 2 minutes in what used to take over 10 on average.

The video was shot at night in Bakersfield. For those that may recall Bakersfield is not exactly one of the brightest yards when working from the east end. However due to the lighting upgrades, even the smaller lights are starting to show the night much better now. When you get to Barstow you will see everything as the floodlights show all. Car light and structures lights near industries also make switching better at night etc.

The EOT system is demonstrated. This was shot as the last person left my server for the evening. You will see a world live with EOT's on various trains ready for departure, or waiting for the next crew change etc.

The sound is not the greatest in this video as I had my surround sound a little loud. But most of the video I am away from the engines.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ks7yJKE0Jpo

Thanks

Sean

Gr8 video!
    I would be remiss if I did not mention another feature or two, Cab sway is now implemented, crank it up to .050 and have a look.
    beside the light efx the distant views at certain times looks awesome as well.

I think cab sway has been in for a while now, unless it changed a bit.

Thanks

Sean