Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 1990's OR Screenshots

Default 1990's OR Screenshots

As long as they're set in the 1990's, feel free to post them here.

Kicking this off...and this IS fictional, but Freshwater Erie Line train #1006, bound for Detroit, with Newport as the next scheduled stop, is seen crossing Nadeau Road on the Conrail Detroit Line in Frenchtown, Michigan in March 1990, just over a year after Freshwater Railway (and the SMART bus system) was created when SEMTA was dissolved. This was two years before they retired their last converted RDC cab cars, their ex-long-distance coaches and their E8s. Out of sight to the left is the GTW Shoreline Subdivision, which Erie Line trains now use and have used since October 1995.

This is actually on the LaSalle, Rockford and Central route

EDIT: Posting another one. This "Quality" SD40-2 leads Conrail manifest DREL (today NS 331) south further up the Detroit Line through Wyandotte, Michigan in March 1997.
    Last edited by amtrakmattburb; 03-17-2015 at 08:02 PM.

Here is one on Crawford Hill about 1995. Note the helpers on the other side.
    [/URL]

Here are a few 1990's scenes from the ex-Conrail Michigan Line, also set in my world.

The state-of-the-art coach yard at Michigan Central Station in Detroit is 50% owned by Freshwater Railway and the rest is a 25-25 split between Amtrak and CSX. In this 1993 photograph, a few retired E8s, ex-RDC cab cars and stainless-steel ex-long-distance coaches are visible, as are a few of the F59PHs that replaced the E8s.

Freshwater Michigan Line train #2222, originating in Ann Arbor, Michigan; has departed Eastborn and is on it's last leg to Michigan Central Station as it is about to pass under Miller Road in Dearborn, Michigan in 1994.

In 1993, Freshwater Michigan Line train #2023, bound for Jackson, Michigan; crosses Winifred Street in Wayne, Michigan, it's next stop.

In 1995, Freshwater Michigan Line train #2226, originating in Ann Arbor, Michigan; is seen at the same railroad crossing as the above photograph, led by this cab car. The F59PH, not pictured, was pushing the train.

In 1994, Freshwater Michigan Line train #2037, bound for Jackson, Michigan; has just departed the Wayne station and passes Conrail manifest train DWEL (Wayne-Elkhart) as it's about to leave Wayne Yard.

Breakup invasion! In 1999, shortly after the Conrail split, this CSX GP38-2 leads NS 68T across Sheldon Road in Van Buren Charter Township, Michigan. The trailing NS GP38-2 is high-hood.

In 1994, Amtrak train #353, the Chicago-bound Lake Cities, crosses Sheldon Road as well, with Ann Arbor it's next scheduled stop. Several years later, the ex-Metroliner cab cars were sent back to the Northeast Corridor.

In 1994, Freshwater Michigan Line train #2221 prepares to cross under Medical Center Drive near the University of Michigan's hospital complex as it slows for it's destination, Ann Arbor Fuller station.

Some of the shots above seem stretched or flattened? Is that an issue with screen resolution in your set ups? ..or is it something the forum software has done? Not a dig at anyone ....it just spoils good shots?

I'll try and upload some myself to see if there are obvious issues. Might take a while.
    Geoff
    Dorset - near The Swanage Railway.
    UK

More of my universe.

Freshwater Railway Erie Line train #1005, led by Conrail E8 #4022, is seen stopped at Wyandotte, Michigan, en route to Toledo, in September 1992. Less than two months later, the E8s would be replaced by F59PHs and the Pullman coaches would be replaced by Bombardier Bi-Levels.

Quote Originally Posted by lateagain View Post
    Some of the shots above seem stretched or flattened? Is that an issue with screen resolution in your set ups? ..or is it something the forum software has done? Not a dig at anyone ....it just spoils good shots?

I'll try and upload some myself to see if there are obvious issues. Might take a while.

OK Just got a chance to do this one...

NH-EF4s.jpg

amtrakmattburb how have you got your screen resolution set? In Options under video you can set the screen resolution to match your monitor/GPU output and that would sort out your flattened/stretched images?

Hope that helps?
    Geoff
    UK

Default NEC 4 on OR

Now that you mention it, most the photos in here the equipment has that stretched look to them......
    Rick
    http:\\mononrr.com
    MONON-2

Quote Originally Posted by Don6218 View Post
    Sorry, that looks more 2015-ish.

Quote Originally Posted by Rick-MONON View Post
    Now that you mention it, most the photos in here the equipment has that stretched look to them......
    Hi Rick,

Well it's not the forum software. I proved that because mine is a straight screengrab, only Photo Shopped to reduce the size of the image.

It's amazing how many folk used to run MSTS in widescreen (because they apparently liked it?) whilst ignoring the distorted image.

Only issue I have with setting the Screen resolution to 16:9 in OR is the adverse effect it has on some cabviews and the glitch that makes the view from the cab completely out of true with the track. Even the 2D cab option that distorts the cab somewhat doesn't always work. IMHO it's rather a fundamental OR fault and one that deserves prioritising?

I do think that for screengrabs here folk should either alter their screen ratio in the game ....or make sure they post in the aspect ration they use? Hardly a big effort and at least their grabs are viewable then?

I suspect that some software used for the screengrabs is automatically stretching their 4:3 captures to the 16:9 that 95% of monitors are nowadays?

Sorry this is off the thread topic but it does seem to affect most of the posts in this thread?
    Geoff
    UK