Thread: ALCO S1 help

Default ALCO S1 help

Hello all,

I downloaded the B&M ALCO S1 (MSTS file) from this site and followed the instructions in the readme. When I try and load it in OpenRails, it shows up but it says "missing" next to it and it won't load. I work for a shortline that uses an S1 that I may be able to run in the future, so I would like this to work. Also, is there any way to change it to have a self lapping brake? The S1 I work on was modified by a previous owner to have a brakestand akin to a more modern unit, I know that brakestand well and would like for the game to have it functionally if not visually. Thanks.

-AMTK822401

Did you make a consist for the S-1?

In the READ ME:

CREATE A CONSIST: I have included a consist file which is named "S1B&M.CON" so you can start running the engine right away. You can move that file to your Consist Folder or create a new one of your own through MSTS Editor.

Obviously you didn't
    Glenn Duba
    Cinnaminson, NJ

Quote Originally Posted by bandorr2000 View Post
    In the READ ME:

CREATE A CONSIST: I have included a consist file which is named "S1B&M.CON" so you can start running the engine right away. You can move that file to your Consist Folder or create a new one of your own through MSTS Editor.

Obviously you didn't
    Oh? But I bet he did. Otherwise it would not be in the list at all. but the OP says " it says "missing" next to it". The question is what folder did he unzip the files to. The CON expects the files to be unzipped to a folder named s1b&m as the zip was not setup to already have a folder.
    Charles

Actually, I did...It still won't work

Quote Originally Posted by AMTK822401 View Post
    Actually, I did...It still won't work
    Did what? Who are you answering?
    Charles

It works if you name the install folder s1b&m. Cant say I like the cab views though.
    Beer is not a matter of life or death, it is much more serious than that.