Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: BNSF1959 - Ken Plaza

Thanks for the memories, Ken. You will deeply be missed!!
    Don Newman, Jr.

I received permission from one of Ken's N Scale friends, "Country Joe", to relay the following note Ken asked be posted when the time came:

I want to take the time to thank everyone who I have been friends with and work with them as a friend, member, moderator, or administrator. I have come to end of the line in life(in railroad terms). I have been battling pancreatic cancer for the last few years when I first had the surgery on March 1st 2012. I have fought this cancer with every ounce of strength I had until I could no longer take it anymore. It was either the chemotherapy drugs or the cancer itself that overcame me. I hope some day in the future that there will be cure for all cancers. Believe me, cancer is no way fun at all. Surgery was nothing and a piece of cake, Its chemotherapy what makes it bad and it made me suffer the most. Side effects from chemo was horrible! Please take care of your health and listen to your body. If you sense something wrong, minor or serious, go to your doctor or hospital immediately, please! Thats how I learned of my cancer. Thank you all for being my friend and I will watch over you from above. I am now in place with God and Jesus. I can also be with my dogs Muschka and Foxy(my other two deceased Pomeranians). Ill be waiting for Star and Katy later. I will always love trains both simulators and models. I N-Joyed making tutorials on How tos. I can play with trains all I want in heaven. Maybe, I can even get to drive one! LOL! Take care all my friends and it was really nice to know you all. God Bless you and good luck in the future.
    3DTrains - Home of the Feather River and Sherman Hill routes for MSTS

Signature

Rest in peace Ken. Highball all the way friend.
    Standing by the tracks when a train is going by is like energy going through you .

Ron,
    Thanks for posting the pics with Ken at our early outings. I immediately went to look at my copies when I heard the news.
    Despite peoples differences here in whatever situation, we all share a love for railroading/trains, as did Ken.
    I enjoyed seeing Ken's "N" gauge postings.
    When I run my freight tonight, I'm giving him an extra loud "shave-and-a-haircut".
    Neil

Here at home, in the railroad mayhem capital of the world.

R.I.P. Ken! Unfortunately never got the chance to exchange emails with him, but luckily he never had to as a Moderator!

Enjoy watching the rest of us fumble around, from up above!

John T

Quote Originally Posted by akajim View Post
    Back in 2007, a bunch of us Northern Illinois Railfan/Simmers formed a group and called ourselves the "Minds" do to all the combined knowledge of the members; of which Ken was one of the earliest. We had many outings together which were always good times to remember.I am enclosing two photos of two of our gatherings. At Blue Island, Ken is at the far left. At Pine Jct, he is kneeling in the front.Rest in pease, Ken; you will be missed!
    Ron K of Rockford
    Someone asked me about an individual in one of the pics I posted. I don't remember his name but he was a close friend of Ken's from Louisiana and had the accsent (sp) to go with it. If he sees this thread, I hope he will chime in!
    Ron K of Rockford

That would be Ernie "Evilkat" Deagle from Lake Charles, La.
    I'm like an old SD9; It Growls, Howls & squeaks...but it will run forever!

Quote Originally Posted by frankoburns View Post
    That would be Ernie "Evilkat" Deagle from Lake Charles, La.
    Thanks Frank, it's been a long time and this old mind can't remember everything; I'm sure you can relate!
    Ron K of Rockford

Crap - Ernie! I've been trying to think of his name all day. I kept thinking Bob.
    Thanks Frank.
    Neil

Here at home, in the railroad mayhem capital of the world.

That be him! That was a good day...... one for the ages. Always special in my memory....good group of guys and a great time. Some great stories and wealth of knowledge!

true...funny story. When Ken became a moderator....I gave him hell. He was really rough on me suspending me for a time. He didn't remember what my name was on here. So I played it up to the point he was ready to boot me. I was looking forward to the next Mind get together to ask him why he was giving me a hard time....and look at his face when he realized it was me and I was only getting him ticked off. I was only messing with you Plaza! RIP Bro!
    Last edited by chosenfrozen44; 03-24-2015 at 07:12 PM.
    CG