Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: New F-Unit for OR

Quote Originally Posted by Hack View Post
    Nevertheless, I did leave just a bit of grime and wear on the set, which can be seen in the above shots. It's not perfect, and it certainly won't suit everyone's tastes, but I like 'em just fine in the Fred Gurley days of the Santa Fe.
    Fair point Marc. Always room for some more skins anyway? ...and your model like the real F's could be dressed for any stage in their long career? because hopefully OR might last longer than most Rail Sims.

There was a similar fate with our last steam loco's over here. Steam lasting at least 10-15 years longer in the UK the loco's were initially spruced up after WWII but the loss of jobs due to the steam eras progression from cleaner to fireman to driver once electrics and diesels started to appear meant that in the final years most UK steam loco's were absolutely filthy.
    Geoff
    Dorset - near The Swanage Railway.
    UK

Quote Originally Posted by Hack View Post
    The route is Sherman Hill. Rick Grout and I were working on this until moving to our separate RS/RW projects, but it never got much further than modeling track, terrain, and the towns of Cheyenne and Laramie.......
    Aaaah, okay!....I thought that might have been the route that you are currently (?) working on.
    IBM XT i386; 512Kb RAM; 5.25" FDD; 1.4Mb FDD; 5Mb HDD; VGA 256-colour graphics card; AdLib soundcard; DR DOS 6.0; Windows 3.0

Coming out of La Junta Colorado.

I think that third unit should have been a B unit. The 300s ran as threes, but I think the other two were both B units? I guess that one was in the shop that day and they had to borrow 303L??

Quote Originally Posted by plainsman View Post
    I think that third unit should have been a B unit. The 300s ran as threes, but I think the other two were both B units? I guess that one was in the shop that day and they had to borrow 303L??
    Bob,
    Are you aware of this info http://www.atsfrr.net/resources/Cros...ster/index.htm It is on the Santa Fe Railway Historical & Modeling Society site. Here is a sample:

snip.JPG
    Charles

Quote Originally Posted by crstagg View Post
    Bob,
    Are you aware of this info http://www.atsfrr.net/resources/Cros...ster/index.htm It is on the Santa Fe Railway Historical & Modeling Society site. Here is a sample:

snip.JPG
    WOW! That's some database. A real labour of love?
    Geoff
    Dorset - near The Swanage Railway.
    UK

Thanks Charles, nice site!!
    I rode about that same train into La Junta about June 1970.