Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Just Trains Frankfurt U-Bahn Route

Default Just Trains Frankfurt U-Bahn Route

Got it and it is another master piece like their Chengdu route, I rate being some of the best routes in TS-2015, DTG could learn something from !

Here is the first of my pathed Freeroam scenarios running from the North of the route to the South:

http://www.otto-wipfel.co.uk/video/u-bahn-frankfurt.wmv

As always using time acceleration until just before the last underground station scene, causing some of the overhead wires not showing, going too fast for TS-2015 to display them on this WIN-XP SP3 computer !

Otto,

The publicity says that one needs to have a second route and two locomotive packs in order for the U-Bahn route to operate properly.
    Is that correct?

John

Quote Originally Posted by delamate View Post
    Otto, the publicity says that one needs to have a second route and two locomotive packs in order for the U-Bahn route to operate properly. Is that correct?
    Yes, it does !

It requires the DTG Munich-Augsburg route and German rolling stock I do not have.

No problem with the latter because I prefer to use German rolling stock I have and can modify to function the way I want it to and in any case create my own scenarios !

I assume the trams operate okay then and don't need sub-dependencies from other assets?

Now that JT are in close partnership with DTG I presume this should turn up on Steam at some point...

Quote Originally Posted by NorthernWarrior View Post
    I assume the trams operate okay then and don't need sub-dependencies from other assets? Now that JT are in close partnership with DTG I presume this should turn up on Steam at some point...
    Yes the custom made trams are supplied with the route !

I prefer to download it from JT, less of a hassle than getting its DLC from Steam, like their Chengdu route, their installer having to access the purchaser's account with them, requiring his e-mail address and password, making it impossible for anybody else to install it after having downloaded it.

Here is its manual:
    http://www.otto-wipfel.co.uk/pdf/U-Bahn Frankfurt.pdf

Is this a single line route or is it an entire city system offered in this addon?

The manual makes it look like its the entire system.

Quote Originally Posted by Seluryar View Post
    Is this a single line route or is it an entire city system offered in this addon? The manual makes it look like its the entire system.
    Yes, it seems to be !

I only run my own pathed Freeroam and Quick Drive scenarios, using the modified by me rolling stock I prefer to drive in good looking scenery and on good looking tracks !

Quote Originally Posted by NorthernWarrior View Post
    Now that JT are in close partnership with DTG I presume this should turn up on Steam at some point...
    Hmmm, unsure Vern, this has been constructed by some talented German guy, and so it'll be up to him presumably, I daresasy JT will possibly encourage him to put it on Steam for a wider audience, but, I assume it'll be his decision at the end of the day.

Cheerz. Steve.

Have modified this U5 tram which is a pain in the #### trying to drive it and have given it my favorite default German BR-101 engine controls and physics, including Krellnut's Cruise Control, the F4-Hud's windscreen wiper light coming on when I activate it to run at accelerated speed, shown in the last part of this video.

Here is it running, also having removed the driver in its rear cab:

http://www.otto-wipfel.co.uk/video/otto-u-bahn-frankfurt.wmv

The Freeroam scenarios menu screen shows it running under clear skies when in fact they are cloudy !

Excuse the poor quality of it, having been recorded by Fraps on my WIN-XP Sp3 Internet computer.

There are also some trees flying on either side of the tracks !

One more thing, the overhead wire is too high for German and UK E-locos pantos. Also the tram has no Head-out camera, I have supplied with my DB-101 mod !

Last edited by OTTODAD; 04-06-2015 at 03:56 PM.