Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: AI Problems

There have been some cases in th past where it was found, that AI train starting within 10 seconds of the player start time could have problems. I thought, this has since been resolved (hasn´t been mentioned in a long time), but obviously the issue still exists (it you´re using a current version of ORTS, anyway).

So, pls tell us what version of ORTS you are using (displayed in the first line of the HUD, or the title bar of the main menu)

Cheers, Markus

Trains. Trains? Trains! =)
    I usually hang out at www.elvastower.com (markus_GE).
    Also take a look at my homepage: http://mgelbmann.jimdo.com/

Hi Folks,

Yeah - I have activities starting with multiple AI trains spawning at the same time - no issue noted...

Regards,
    Scott

@ Scott: At the same time as the player train, too?

Cheers, Markus

Hi Markus,

Yeah - one I just recently made has the player and (2) AI spawning right at the absolute start of the activity... I've never noticed an issue... I'm not saying there couldn't be a problem - just stating it worked fine for me...

Regards,
    Scott

Quote Originally Posted by akzim View Post
    I changed the player time to 00:10:00 and left the AI time the same, and the AI trains are showing up now. OR must not like player and AI services starting at the same time?
    Yes, I have also had OR sometimes process the start-up operations within a minute of the player train start-up time differently than MSTS. Moving the AI times outside of the minute before the Player start-up time seemed to fix it.
    Sid P.

Hello,
    I'm not sure if this issue would carry over into ORTS, but I seem to remember a noted MSTS issue with AI having start times with 00:00:00, as mentioned by the OP. Something along the lines of the AI logic not able to recognize all zero's?
    If I am incorrect, and this adds no value to the OP's original issue, I apologize.
    Neil

Here at home, in the railroad mayhem capital of the world.

I think it was the 00:00 start times. Now not sure if this applies. But on my orin line timetable i have multiple starts at 00:01 and all works fine. No hangups at all.

Quote Originally Posted by qballbandit View Post
    Hello,
    I'm not sure if this issue would carry over into ORTS, but I seem to remember a noted MSTS issue with AI having start times with 00:00:00, as mentioned by the OP. Something along the lines of the AI logic not able to recognize all zero's?
    If I am incorrect, and this adds no value to the OP's original issue, I apologize.
    Didn't that have something to do with the fact that an Activity can't run any longer than 23:59:59, because the program can't see beyond a 24-hour period?
    IBM XT i386; 512Kb RAM; 5.25" FDD; 1.4Mb FDD; 5Mb HDD; VGA 256-colour graphics card; AdLib soundcard; DR DOS 6.0; Windows 3.0

Quote Originally Posted by scottb613 View Post
    Hi Markus,

Yeah - one I just recently made has the player and (2) AI spawning right at the absolute start of the activity... I've never noticed an issue... I'm not saying there couldn't be a problem - just stating it worked fine for me...

Regards,
    Scott
    OK, so either the problem has been cured since, or my recollection is wrong (I hope it´s not the latter).

Either way, it comes down to knowing which version of ORTS akzim is running.

Cheers, Markus