Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Farewell

Default Farewell

Today a moderator deleted a post of mine. No explanation, PM, or email as to why. The post contained nothing of controversy or implication of flame wars. If anyone wants any of my files from the library please get them by Monday.

John

Sorry to hear this John. This place just continues to go down hill and lose people..

John, I believe the current policy does allow the mods to remove things at their discretion. A review of this site's forum policy my reveal this fact.

I have had a couple of post deleted as well for no reason with no explanation. I think this has become common here and could be for a number of reasons. The first and biggest being the simple response from someone who you might have missed before the post was deleted. A simple email to one of the modes might reveal why your post was removed.

I am not sure what objects are yours since you do not list a last name in your profile. But I hope you will consider the impact this can have on activities that have been written and released over the years.

Also the removal of scenic items only serves to hamper further development of routes that are under construction as we speak.

Robert

John, I whacked the post assuming the names were a joke, given your "My answer to the next poll is: Strawberry" comment. It's since been restored.

With effectively only two moderators now that Ken has passed away, we only have so many hours in the day, and both Dave and I have day jobs.

If I sent an email to everyone who has a post removed, I wouldn't have that day job.
    Last edited by eolesen; 05-08-2015 at 07:12 PM.

Wow, Only two active mods most of the time? That is not a good sign.

Robert

I'm on both sides here, I've had a whole thread deleted, because i talked about my grandfather that had recently passed away ( no I didnt get a notification either) but there is a rule agains polls here right?
    Last edited by trainbot1; 05-08-2015 at 11:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by eolesen View Post
    John, I whacked the post assuming the names were a joke, given your "My answer to the next poll is: Strawberry" comment. ....
    A knee-jerk reaction which could have been very easily avoided.
    The fact that there are only two moderators is not a good enough reason to not advise someone as to why their post has been moderated.
    IBM XT i386; 512Kb RAM; 5.25" FDD; 1.4Mb FDD; 5Mb HDD; VGA 256-colour graphics card; AdLib soundcard; DR DOS 6.0; Windows 3.0

This is a train simulation forum.. not a sympathy forum.. It only pertains about the hobby.. not personal issues.. Its not a good place to talk about personal issues with or about other people or strangers. so that does not belong to a forum.

Quote Originally Posted by trainbot1 View Post
    I'm on both sides here, I've had a whole thread deleted, because i talked about my grandfather that had recently passed away ( no I didnt get a notification either) but there is a rule agains polls here right?
    Dave Edwards

Polls are not allowed anymore. But I could not have called it a vote either. Would Survey make everyone happy?

Robert

Quote Originally Posted by NW 2156 View Post
    Polls are not allowed anymore. But I could not have called it a vote either. Would Survey make everyone happy?

Robert
    Only grouches and grinches would be concerned with what you call it.
    As it doesn't involve fixed questions which give a choice of answers it is not a "poll" but simply a request for opinions.
    IBM XT i386; 512Kb RAM; 5.25" FDD; 1.4Mb FDD; 5Mb HDD; VGA 256-colour graphics card; AdLib soundcard; DR DOS 6.0; Windows 3.0