Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Wow, can't believe the price of DLC!

Default Wow, can't believe the price of DLC!

Looking at the store page:

http://store.steampowered.com/app/315660

Sorry, that is truly over priced.

I know the routes come with the Deluxe edition but that is over priced also.

The Bidye Traction layout is nice but the author has better routes that are free.

Old recycled TS2010 content!

Harold

At those prices, sounds to me like N3V is desperate for some cash income. They'll probably get a few suckers but their Kickstarter supporters know they shelled out enough (too much in my case) for an inferior and unfinished product already.

Welcome to bandit country.

And folks wonder why I left Auran/N3V in the dust many a year ago.. New management or no, they only care about one thing: $$$. ANd as much of it as possible.

In fact, here is a prime example.. With me!

So this takes place when Trainz 2004 was new, and Auran was Auran, not N3V. I was a lot younger and stupider... So guess who thought $15 for Trainz 2004 was a STEAL at the -FLEA MARKET-? Yep, this young sucker. Upon numerous failed attempts to enter the serial number(Gee I -wonder- why?), I was banned from Trainz entirely for entering a pre-existing serial number/piracy. They wouldn't budge on it, unless, I bought Trainz 2004 from -them-. Fast forward a few years to N3V's takeover of Auran, and the new management, I message them explaining this. They 'lift' my ban. Now why the quotation marks? Simple, they -didn't-.

I log in to find my main account un banned. Cool! So here I come Forums-wait.. I'm, banned from the forums... No Download Station access.. I message them back.. And what do I get? More or less, boiled down to this:

"Buy our game and this will fix the problem"
    Last edited by Komachi; 05-24-2015 at 01:13 PM. Reason: Adding additional info

TANE is going down the drain just like the game "Fury" I looked that up and boy oh boy!! What a mess Fury was. I guess that's what bumped off Auran. TANE is in danger of going the same route so who knows..... NV3 day's could be numbered.

Wow that's actually 2 more than the average DTG DLC sells for. In the case of Avery - Drexel, just clone the TS2010 version, swap out the Speedtrees and transfer via cdp to TANE!
    Vern.

Hi Harold -

"The Bidye Traction layout is nice but the author has better routes that are free."

Thanks for that comment, Harold; it's appreciated. And I agree. Bidye is interesting but not my best. I did offer to update earlier layouts for inclusion in T:ANE but N3V, in their wisdom, wanted something new. In some respects that is possibly the best outcome for you guys - rather than being forced to pay for overpriced DLC I'll progressively update the earlier routes to T:ANE and share them for free.

But am I in the minority here? I actually think T:ANE is a significant improvement over previous versions and I'm enjoying using it.

The graphics are enormously better, particularly the stunning reflections in water. Frame rates are good on a reasonably powered PC. Pop-ups have been banished. Manage Content works far faster than Content Manager. All in all I think it's been worth the wait and it is fun (apart from the built-in routes - but that has always been the case with Trainz).

Quote Originally Posted by philskene View Post
    But am I in the minority here? I actually think T:ANE is a significant improvement over previous versions and I'm enjoying using it.
    Try moving over a large route and watch the game choke and die.

The only route I ran in TS12 is the CMTM version of Cattaraugus.

Tried moving from one end to the other in TANE and the game just dies and all the assets disappear. Without that ability I find the game useless.

The procedural track will also disintegrate as you drive over the layout, found that out when running the Saginaw sub and my converted Eastern Kentucky. The Saginaw isn't that asset intensive.

Brought this issue up in Beta but was ignored.

Maybe that is why there is no route with procedural track. If you download the Saginaw sub it will have procedural:

If they are silent on this issue in beta when will it be fixed SP4?

Best Trainz yet isn't really saying much.

Harold
    Last edited by hminky; 05-24-2015 at 09:25 PM.

Harold --

"Try moving over a large route and watch the game choke and die."

Hmm - I must admit with my limited attention span I very seldom, if ever, run large routes. I'm one of the tabletop layout engineers - "Dig out that C&O boxcar car from that back spur and add it to the consist heading for next industrial complex just a quarter of a mile down the road where you drop off the UP gondola and ATSF coal hopper". Trainz works well here for me.

But you are right - if T:ANE is to succeed in the market it needs to cater for both your tastes and mine.

Quote Originally Posted by philskene View Post
    But you are right - if T:ANE is to succeed in the market it needs to cater for both your tastes and mine.
    One of the sad things is that people such as myself, Trainz gamers from the very beginning, have been turned off this latest version by the vast number of negative comments.

Last year I was keenly looking forward to this release but that interest has since changed to dismay.
    IBM XT i386; 512Kb RAM; 5.25" FDD; 1.4Mb FDD; 5Mb HDD; VGA 256-colour graphics card; AdLib soundcard; DR DOS 6.0; Windows 3.0