Thread: Long Island Rail Road Videos Part 1

Default Long Island Rail Road Videos Part 1

A flyover of the Long Island City rail car float docks and yard. Open Rails Train Simulator

More to follow . . . . . .
    best
    vince
    ............Vince ..............
    ...... Author NECv4 .......
    .... LIRR BUILD PHOTOS ....
    .............LIRR VIDEO.............
    ...... Eschew Obsfucation ......

On the The Statue of Liberty in New York Harbor there is a Tablet. On it is written:
    "Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
    the wretched refuse of your teeming shore, send these, the homeless, tempest-tossed to me,
    I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"

LIRR VIDEO Part 2

Here an MP15 struggles up the 3% Maspeth Grade hauling 19 coal loads passing through Fresh Pond Station on the way to the Long Island Lighting Co. E.F. Barrett generating station at Island Park New York. Screen capture from MSTS

More to Follow. . . .
    Last edited by Vince; 05-27-2015 at 02:15 PM.

On the The Statue of Liberty in New York Harbor there is a Tablet. On it is written:
    the wretched refuse of your teeming shore, send these, the homeless, tempest-tossed to me,

The last video is a short run celebrating the completion ( at last! ) of the Long Island Rail Road Long Beach Branch,
    The video is of a train departing Island Park Station for the Long Beach Terminal Station. Modeled as it was in 1955.

Work is continuing on the Central Branch east of the Garden Interlocking presently near the Long Island Newsday printing plant.
    best,
    Last edited by Vince; 05-27-2015 at 12:13 AM.

Very nice work!! The difference in video quality from MSTS to OR is amazing! Note the danger sign on that shed in the video.

Without a doubt, this is some of the finest work I've ever seen. Vince, you are masterful. I truly wish I could help you with this project but I have no skills. I can only drool.

Thanks for sharing the videos, and your choice of the Travelling Wilburies song is spot on!

I beg you to share this when you're done. Pretty please, with sugar on top?!

Excellent work, Vince.

Excellent indeed.
    Christopher

This route is unbelievably beautiful.

Fred