Page 23 of 24 FirstFirst ... 1321222324 LastLast

Thread: Sherman Hill

Gandangara Estate, Sutherland Shire. N.S.W, Australia.

Thanks Charles
    Daniel - Sydney (wishing I was in Townsville)

Any news when the next Sherman Hill update is forecasted to come out?
    Rick

http:\\mononrr.com

MONON-2

Marc has been uncommunicative for some time.
    His Tehachapi project (for TS2019) is also stagnant.
    IBM XT i386; 512Kb RAM; 5.25" FDD; 1.4Mb FDD; 5Mb HDD; VGA 256-colour graphics card; AdLib soundcard; DR DOS 6.0; Windows 3.0

This is a sore subject. The identical question has been asked numerous times on the 3d Trains forum. Last reply was over 3 months ago... It was mentioned that there were some personal/outside issues impacting the scheduled updates. That's ok, and everyone is more than understanding, but a little communication goes a long way. I'm hoping that this route hasn't become an after-thought. A real shame, as it's an outstanding route.

IBM XT i386; 512Kb RAM; 5.25" FDD; 1.4Mb FDD; 5Mb HDD; VGA 256-colour graphics card; AdLib soundcard; DR DOS 6.0; Windows 3.0

It strikes me that some folk round here don't get out enough... If someone has personal issues in THE REAL WORLD they will always take precedence.

It strikes me that some of you have gotten used to the idea that all trainsim add-ons are produced by an outfit like DTG with a team working on stuff all the time? It doesn't take a genius to work out that if Marc has projects in development for more than one Sim his time and effort on software will be divided anyway. The money I spent on Sherman Hill as a beta project is WAY less than the money I've spent on other add-ons for MSTS and FSX which were finished and yet were (IMO) pretty poor efforts. Folk seem to forget that payware means everything has to be owned or created by the vendor.

Back at the start SLI were supposed to be doing a stock pack for Sherman Hill (as indeed they did for Horseshoe Curve and Mactier Sub) but that fell through and the idea that DW would make one is totally negated because Scott won't sell stuff to the public at large.

When Marc did feather River they also provided stock and activities but if you add that on to the "to do" list you're going to have to be a hell of a lot more patient .
    Geoff
    Dorset - near The Swanage Railway.
    UK

I love the route even if it is in Beta there so much to explore and the route is just amazing. Maybe Marc stepped away to regroup. Like lateagain said people grind and push people too much. Things will get released when they are ready not before or after. I still have my haters and yet I am still making content for the community. Yes it's just repaints but it's better than nothing at all and i'm trying my best.

It gets very daunting sometimes and you just look at the stack of cars and ask yourself why am I doing this? Do people appreciate the work that's gone into this? I paint for me not for anyone else cause I love it. I can't build routes or even set up a activity So I do what I can for the community.

Have some faith gentlemen.

Smile Updates are coming...

I'm regrouping and just getting back to updating the route (I just uploaded an update for Tehachapi). I've barely turned on my PC since last year, so I'm trying to re-familiarize myself with the two editors.
    3DTrains - Home of the Feather River and Sherman Hill routes for MSTS

Signature

Quote Originally Posted by Hack View Post
    I'm regrouping and just getting back to updating the route (I just uploaded an update for Tehachapi). I've barely turned on my PC since last year, so I'm trying to re-familiarize myself with the two editors.
    Welcome back, Marc; I hope things have settled down and are getting better for you. All of us can wait on these updates as there already is so much to enjoy on the route. I know I've had fun running long strings of loaded hoppers with the Hugh Reilly 4-12-2's. So take your time and - most importantly - have fun working on your creation.

David

Thank you, David.
    3DTrains - Home of the Feather River and Sherman Hill routes for MSTS

Signature