Thread: modern track sounds

Default modern track sounds

Colleagues,

I notice that an updated Donner Pass route has been uploaded, but the specification calls for
    (I think it is a typo) Modrentracks sounds. I found a reference to moderntrack0in.sms way
    back in time concerning the Conrail Indy Sub. route, but when I do the recommended search,
    it turns up nothing in the library. Anyone know where to get this add-on.

J. H. Sullivan
    (aka landnrailroader)

I was wondering about that too...

I tried a search for it in the file library and can't find it also... I tried a Google search to see if it is elsewhere. Still can't find it.

I thought maybe it might be "Modern Track". Google made a hit on that here at TrainSim.

Found "MSTS Modern Track Sounds" - modtrkv2.zip in the File Library, but it is dated 2002. Not sure if that is the correct file that is needed.

Some help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Michael.
    Last edited by MCDemuth; 06-05-2015 at 04:25 PM.
    Yardmaster of the Great American Moose Paint Shops.
    a Moose Interchange Rail Company division.
    http://mjrmstsrepaints.proboards.com
    TTFN!

The files are available at the author's site. He has posted the link at Elvastower: Link.

Michael,

I believe that is the file. I have the Conrail Indy route from way back and those same .sms files are called out in
    the original ttype.dat file but like many, I just copied another one in from a default route and it ran fine. There were
    issues back then and I suppose you could do the same with the Donner Route.

J. H. Sullivan

I already had modern track sounds installed but I don't remember the zip name, they are old from possibly 2002. Just copy the ttype.dat file from one of your working routes and replace the one in the new route as an easy way out..

I got the file of sounds, but decided to just copy in a ttype.dat file from another route. The Donner route has been sceniced as
    far east as beyond Reno and the "ditch" through Reno has been done very well. However, it has some flaws. There are some
    serious mis-alignments in the track here and there, floating buildings, floating track, and I also noticed some mergers of
    vehicles on the parallel highway. However, the track flaws may have been in the original route and if so, unless the track linked
    items were removed, it would have been difficult if not impossible to rework the track and the author's comments suggest that
    he did not touch the track. I sent him a personal note suggesting some improvements. This is a route that I had considered
    rehashing myself and one thing I would have done is to add the original line over the summit which was abandoned in the early
    1990's.

landnrailroader

Quote Originally Posted by landnrailroader View Post
    Michael,

I believe that is the file. I have the Conrail Indy route from way back and those same .sms files are called out in
    the original ttype.dat file but like many, I just copied another one in from a default route and it ran fine. There were
    issues back then and I suppose you could do the same with the Donner Route.

J. H. Sullivan
    Thank You.

I have the sounds downloaded and ready to go.

Michael.
    TTFN!

Quote Originally Posted by landnrailroader View Post
    However, it has some flaws. There are some serious mis-alignments in the track here and there, floating buildings, floating track, and I also noticed some mergers of vehicles on the parallel highway. However, the track flaws may have been in the original route and if so, unless the track linked items were removed, it would have been difficult if not impossible to rework the track and the author's comments suggest that he did not touch the track. I sent him a personal note suggesting some improvements.
    Apparently there is an Route Update thread at Elvas Tower, which I just read.

http://www.elvastower.com/forums/ind...oute-progress/

When the route was being updated, it was being checked with MSTS. Beta Versions were constantly being released during the updates, and Elvas Tower members were testing them. MSTS users were experiencing similar problems to what you just mentioned. Most of those were fixed as they were mentioned. However, many ORTS users noted that while some issues were fixed for MSTS, some problems remained for ORTS. It was planned to fix those ORTS issues once everything was updated and fixed in MSTS.

Not sure if the issues you are facing were the same issues being mention at ET.

Were you encountering those issues in ORTS?
    Last edited by MCDemuth; 06-07-2015 at 12:31 PM.
    TTFN!