Thread: Trainz A New Era

Default Trainz A New Era

I just got my new trains and I haven't played it yet and I had to install it by internet and download but my game won't work it doesn't have the right graphic card on the computer. I hope to play the new game very soon. take care my friends.

Jdark34

Needs a DX11 capable card and even then runs like a dog unless you turn all the settings down. What specs are your computer - anything less than an I5 and 8Gb of RAM will see it struggle, too.
    Vern.

Not true. I run the game with a X5450 and a GTX 960 and it runs smooth as butter maxed out and view distance at 3500m

I run it on an i7-4790K @ 4GHZ, with a GTX 660, Vern.

Draw distance is set to 13000m, all settings maxed except tree detail which is High.

Max FPS is only around 30, with the occasional stutter and even longer freeze up.

The whole thing is a poorly presented and poorly realised pile of crud as far as i am concerned.

It bares no resemblance at all to the hype and no resemblance to the better finished games for 2015.

Even the only route i have any interest in (ECML) is poor by today's standards of trainsim route building.

Sloppy scenery and track placement, very little scenery away from the track bed.

The whole of the Hertford Loop is unfinished.

Not exactly a glittering shop window in which to present a new game at it's best.
    The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt

Quote Originally Posted by HI! View Post
    Not true. I run the game with a X5450 and a GTX 960 and it runs smooth as butter maxed out and view distance at 3500m
    It is true that you need DX11.

The GT960 helps, but 3.5km is hardly a long view distance in this day and age - try pushing it out to 5000 or 6000 metres, turning shadow and water quality to high and post processing on, then see what happens when you try to run Hinton!
    Vern.

I dont know what youre getting at. Should I have thrown train simulator away because I cant max out all the sliders? My shadows are set to Ultra and water quality is on High and post processing is on. Hinton is a buggy poorly optimized route. Why would I use it to benchmark anything? 3500 distance is my preference as unlimited distance isnt a hang up of mine. Whats bad is bad and whats good is buggy.