Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Tearing my hair out with STEAM!!

Nice one Peter! That's what simming is all about!

My mates in Oz were always moaning about their ISP's and costs but I hadn't realised it was so patchy.

Here in the UK they're "rolling out" fibre optic broadband. Even so the speeds are inferior to many of the best in Europe and in the meantime the ridiculous "High Speed 2" rail line is ploughing ahead at massive cost and destruction to the country. That's despite the CEO of High Speed 1 telling them it will never pay, and should not be built. As the protestors (of whom I'm one) keep pointing out...

It's a nineteenth century solution to a twentieth century problem that wont' be operational until well into the twenty first century!!!

In the meantime most people outside of the cities have no access to truly high speed broadband .....nor are there any plans for this because of the cost of cabling it!!! Considering the cost of a pointless HS2 (that btw, will further damage the existing rail network) it's obvious to anyone with a brain cell that the future of communication is online? You need to move materials physically NOT ideas and people? Proof of that in train Simming as we share our hobby internationally?

The trouble is that folk who work in software publishing all work in an environment of state of the art IT and it's easy to lose sight of what the average person has access to?
    Geoff
    Dorset - near The Swanage Railway.
    UK

Quote Originally Posted by peterhayes View Post
    If I can help you with any large files - I'll just need a USB flash drive to post them to you!
    Peter, Thanks for the offer.
    If I need to I'll get in touch.
    IBM XT i386; 512Kb RAM; 5.25" FDD; 1.4Mb FDD; 5Mb HDD; VGA 256-colour graphics card; AdLib soundcard; DR DOS 6.0; Windows 3.0

Thanks guys
    Here in Australia we are all waiting for the NBN (National Broadband Network - watered down version due to cost) to be rolled out but who knows how long it will take and whether it will be out-dated by the time it gets here. We are lucky in our regional town that we do have ADSL2+ and that helps with large downloads!

Bruce have replied to your PM!

PeterH

Steam has the option to back up game files built into the program, it may not back up the entire game with dlc, my 22gb railworks folder ended up being 10gb backed up onto a secondary storage hard drive, so in the future, that might be helpful so you wont have to download the entire thing over and over.

Quote Originally Posted by seagoon View Post
    I now have TS2015 running again - and it has several routes and other assets recognised.
    But there are over 30 routes which I have and which it does not see, not to mention umpteen locos and other assets.
    Does anyone have the slightest idea as what I need to do in order to get this solved?
    I will shower you with untold riches if you can help me save what little hair I have left!
    All help appreciated.
    Regards,
    Bruce
    Bruce, when you purchase something from Steam, or, download an item from Workshop, or, Marketplace, ensure that you go and clear your cache, each time, this allows it to be seen in your RW Tools, and on your front page.

Cheerz. ex-railwayman.
    i5 4690 3.5 GHz Quad Core CPU, Gigabyte Z97-HD3, 16GB RAM, nVidia GTX1060 6GB, WIN 7 PRO 64-bit.

Quote Originally Posted by ex-railwayman View Post
    Bruce, when you purchase something from Steam, or, download an item from Workshop, or, Marketplace, ensure that you go and clear your cache, each time, this allows it to be seen in your RW Tools, and on your front page.

Cheerz. ex-railwayman.
    Yep....I have made a habit out of doing that very thing, squire.
    Which is why I am puzzled and a little frustrated by what the thing is doing...or not doing.

Ah well....such is life.
    IBM XT i386; 512Kb RAM; 5.25" FDD; 1.4Mb FDD; 5Mb HDD; VGA 256-colour graphics card; AdLib soundcard; DR DOS 6.0; Windows 3.0