Thread: No Textures

Angry No Textures

I downloaded the new version of open rails and I was pretty much impressed with it........but a few days ago I started to notice some shapes with no textures just a gray image......some routes the buildings are gray with no texture and now some of the rail cars that are designed for open rails have no textures. I have been looking around this forum and other forums to see if there is other's with the same problem and if there is a fix out there.....but I have come up empty handed and very frustrated. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks Roburt
    Roburt

Have you identified the missing textures? Check the OR log to see they have been logged as missing. If so, verify that they are or are not there. I say this because other reports of missing textures are always due to missing ones, not OR failing to render them. Just a thought towards troubleshooting.

When you encounter texture-less objects the next time, please bring up the F5 HUD and press shift+F5 until you see the "DEBUG INFORMATION" page, There´s a graph showing memory usage, too. Take a screenshot with that page and the graph and post it here, along with a log file, please

Cheers, Markus

Trains. Trains? Trains! =)
    I usually hang out at www.elvastower.com (markus_GE).
    Also take a look at my homepage: http://mgelbmann.jimdo.com/

Hi, trainlover2923
    I had a similar problem of grey buildings and some grey scenery after loading an MSTS route. Without checking my log I assumed this was due to missing MSTS default textures, due to not having MSTS installed. As the earlier posters suggest just check your log file and I'll go and check mine
    Have fun mate,
    Fred

I've run across this a few times. I usually change the season to summer and the textures appear. Not sure of cause but it happens on some routes with Autumn & Winter seasons.

AJ

No textures in other seasons than summer could also be related to those routes not having winter / spring / autumn textures. That would be mentioned in the readmes, however, so please check those, too. A route that comes to my mind that does not have any other textures than summer is SeaView, for example.

If the concerned routes' readmes do not say anything about no seasonyl textures for some season, please do what I posted in post #3 of this thread.

Cheers, Markus

Trains. Trains? Trains! =)
    I usually hang out at www.elvastower.com (markus_GE).
    Also take a look at my homepage: http://mgelbmann.jimdo.com/

This might be a help an may have to do with the .sd files?