Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Requesting bgkt_wdp4b.zip file for 39BGKT_WDP4B.eng

Unhappy Requesting bgkt_wdp4b.zip file for 39BGKT_WDP4B.eng

Hi All,

I need 39BGKT_WDP4B.eng which should be in bgkt_wdp4b.zip file for the activity - 10103 Mandovi Express For Kobra Route.

Searched multiple times on net but was not able to find bgkt_wdp4b.zip anywhere!!

If anyone has this, pls reply!

Thank you

Hi,
    As that loco only appears to be used in a loose consist, I suggest you change it for another WDP4. There is a BGKT_WDP4.eng in download ir_update.zip and a TKD_WDP4B.eng in ir_wdp4b.zip - sorry, I don't know what liveries these locos carry!!

The above only took a short search through the file library on this site!

Cheers,
    Ged

Thanks for the response slipperman !

Ok, I have downloaded ir_wdp4b.zip . Now, if I wish to change like you said, can I know the steps, like, what config file to edit to make it point to the new new file? It would definitely help me to take it ahead.

Quote Originally Posted by slipperman View Post
    Hi,
    As that loco only appears to be used in a loose consist, I suggest you change it for another WDP4. There is a BGKT_WDP4.eng in download ir_update.zip and a TKD_WDP4B.eng in ir_wdp4b.zip - sorry, I don't know what liveries these locos carry!!

The above only took a short search through the file library on this site!

Cheers,
    Ged

Hi,
    If you haven't do so already, unpack the ir_wdp4b.zip to a temporary folder, then read the ir_wdp4b.txt file (it's the ReadMe) and follow the instructions. Note that you must also have files 'ir_wdp4.zip' and 'emd40sn.zip' previously installed.

When you've done the above, make a backup copy of the Mandovi Express.act file (just in case things go wrong!). You'll find this in the KOBRA route folder. Open the (original) Mandovi Express.act file using NotePad or WordPad (NOT Word!) and scroll down to the line containing this : EngineData ( 39BGKT_WDP4B IR_EMD )
    change it to read : EngineData ( TKD_WDP4B IR_EMD )
    Then save the file. Now, when you run the activity, that message shouldn't appear.

If something has gone wrong and it doesn't work, restore the backup you took of the .act file and you'll be back at square one!

If you have Route Riter or ConBuilder, I believe they can swap out items of stock, but don't know it that applies to Loose Consists.

I don't have this route installed, so can't offer any advice on it.

Cheers,
    Ged

Hi,
    If you have Route Riter or ConBuilder, I believe they can swap out items of stock, but don't know it that applies to Loose Consists.

Cheers,
    Ged
    Yes. ConBuilder has a Loose Consist editor.
    Charles

Hi slipperman,

Thanks for a detailed explanation on the steps to be followed !

I did follow the steps exactly as told, changed the Engine File name to TKD_WDP4B IR_EMD.

But as MSTS loads the activity halfway, the same file missing message for 39BGKT_WDP4B IR_EMD appears as before!!
    I also did a search for 39BGKT_WDP4B in the Mandovi Express.act file and did not find any. Does the name also exist in any other file?
    Should I look into any other file ?

Regards,
    Pramod

Hi,
    If you haven't do so already, unpack the ir_wdp4b.zip to a temporary folder, then read the ir_wdp4b.txt file (it's the ReadMe) and follow the instructions. Note that you must also have files 'ir_wdp4.zip' and 'emd40sn.zip' previously installed.

When you've done the above, make a backup copy of the Mandovi Express.act file (just in case things go wrong!). You'll find this in the KOBRA route folder. Open the (original) Mandovi Express.act file using NotePad or WordPad (NOT Word!) and scroll down to the line containing this : EngineData ( 39BGKT_WDP4B IR_EMD )
    change it to read : EngineData ( TKD_WDP4B IR_EMD )
    Then save the file. Now, when you run the activity, that message shouldn't appear.

If something has gone wrong and it doesn't work, restore the backup you took of the .act file and you'll be back at square one!

I don't have this route installed, so can't offer any advice on it.

Cheers,
    Ged

Thanks for the info!

Quote Originally Posted by crstagg View Post
    Yes. ConBuilder has a Loose Consist editor.

Hi,
    Thanks, Charles!

pramodkumar : The consists files supplied with the Mandovi Express activity do not use that loco and there is only the one occurrence of it in the .act file (which you say you have changed). Are you certain you've installed the ir_wdp4b.zip file correctly? Have a look in the IR_EMD folder and check that TKD_WDP4B.eng is there.

Cheers,
    Ged
    Last edited by slipperman; 06-13-2015 at 03:35 PM.

Hi slipperman,

Yes, double checked the folder. TKD_WDP4B.eng exists in the folder !!
    Below images are for the confirmation. Not sure if its reading from any cache files.

01.jpg

02.jpg

Regards,
    Pramod

Hi,
    Thanks, Charles!

pramodkumar : The consists files supplied with the Mandovi Express activity do not use that loco and there is only the one occurrence of it in the .act file (which you say you have changed). Are you certain you've installed the ir_wdp4b.zip file correctly? Have a look in the IR_EMD folder and check that TKD_WDP4B.eng is there.

Cheers,
    Ged

Quote Originally Posted by pramodkumar View Post

Yes, double checked the folder. TKD_WDP4B.eng exists in the folder ...

Regards,
    Pramod
    You might double-check to ensure that particular/troublesome .eng file has been saved as a Unicode format file (not plan text for example) simply to rule that possibility out as a potential problem. Especially if you did an edit (one of the posts above suggests you did) there is the chance the updated file was not saved as Unicode. RouteRiter has an 'Ascii to Unicode' swap tool included with it, and I imagine other utilities have a similar conversion tool.