Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Requesting bgkt_wdp4b.zip file for 39BGKT_WDP4B.eng

Hi trs666,

Thanks for coming into this !

The edited file was activity file (.act) to edit an entry of the .eng file.
    No editing of .eng file is done so far.

Regards,
    Pramod

Quote Originally Posted by trs666 View Post
    You might double-check to ensure that particular/troublesome .eng file has been saved as a Unicode format file (not plan text for example) simply to rule that possibility out as a potential problem. Especially if you did an edit (one of the posts above suggests you did) there is the chance the updated file was not saved as Unicode. RouteRiter has an 'Ascii to Unicode' swap tool included with it, and I imagine other utilities have a similar conversion tool.

Hi Pramod,
    You have got MSTS installed in C:\Program Files (x86). If you are using Vista, Windows 7 or Windows 8.1, you will NOT be able to edit files in that folder and have the edited file saved in the same folder, unless you've changed the permissions. Your edited file will be in another folder, probably in your User folder. You should be able to find it and copy it into the correct folder, but I recommend that you follow the Steam4Me tutorial for installing MSTS : http://msts.steam4me.net/tutorials/i...g_msts_w7.html otherwise you'll keep having the same problem when you want to change any files.

Cheers,
    Ged

Hi Ged,

I used "Route Riter" to inspect and fix several issues as well as Trainstore to switch the routes/activites ON and OFF in my struggle to hunt down the issue. While few other custom routes got working after I added several missing .eng/.wag/.con files, this route with the particular .eng file makes MSTS crash after few minutes of running the activity!
    Anyways, with some luck I am able to get other routes running.

Your thoughts, comments and time is much appreciated in helping to resolve this which in the process has helped me in some way to move up fixing some issues. Thank a lot for the same!

Quote Originally Posted by slipperman View Post
    Hi Pramod,
    You have got MSTS installed in C:\Program Files (x86). If you are using Vista, Windows 7 or Windows 8.1, you will NOT be able to edit files in that folder and have the edited file saved in the same folder, unless you've changed the permissions. Your edited file will be in another folder, probably in your User folder. You should be able to find it and copy it into the correct folder, but I recommend that you follow the Steam4Me tutorial for installing MSTS : http://msts.steam4me.net/tutorials/i...g_msts_w7.html otherwise you'll keep having the same problem when you want to change any files.

Cheers,
    Ged
    Last edited by pramodkumar; 07-14-2015 at 01:09 PM.

Guys,

Thanks a lot for all your comments and time in helping to resolve this which in the process has helped me in some way to move up fixing some issues!

We can close this thread!

bgkt_wdp4b.zip file is missed on trainsim.com plz add this...or...alternate file tell me
    plz reply me

bgkt_wdp4b.zip file is missed on trainsim.com plz add this...or...alternate file tell me

i have all stock execpt bgkt_wdp4b.zip. if anyone knows than i like to know