Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: RailDriver for MsTS under Windows 7 (RDTrain Fix)

Default Asking Raildriver Forum readers if MSTS will work on Win. 7., with MSTS when . . .

. . . Installed properly, & running properly with Windows 7., by launching the "Raildriver Manager" following the installation steps,
    ("to the letter"), outlined from Yuri Sos @:

================================================== ==========================
    Dear "Alex_80", this is Christopher Canfield.

Did I hear from one of your communication posts, that MSTS will work with a "work-around" on Windows 7 ?

Have u red this webpage to perform the MSTS Install work-around from:

titled: "Installing MSTS On A Windows 7 PC", ?

The only issue that I have discovered with running MSTS on 7 with Raildriver is that the running of the raildriver manager to play MSTS on 7, does not work properly on a raildriver control level - the LED display reads: "---".

Note: MSTS D O E S launch properly, but with no working controls from the raildriver.

I have tried to contact the author of the "Installing MSTS On A Windows 7 PC" post from:

& the 2 emails I have had with the author were of the following:
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    EMAIL #1:
    Subject: TO THE CREATOR OF THE PUBLICATION ON: "Installing MSTS On A Windows 7 PC", I have a Raildriver Desktop Train Cab Controller question for u.
    Will the Raildriver Desktop Train Cab Controller launch properly with MSTS using the Raildriver Manager in the said file path & using

Windows 7., Pro. - 64 & with 2 known issues with using the raildriver with MSTS: (SEE Attachment, titled: "Untitled raildriver image.jpg", SHOWN BELOW).
    I would be very much interested to find out what u have to say about "all of this" & to hope for a: Y E S.

Please reply as soon as u can, & Thank You.

Christopher Canfield
    EMAIL: "[email protected]"
    PHONE: 484-213-5987 (USA: Cellphone / Eastern Time)
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    MY FIRST REPLY FROM THE AUTHOR WAS:
    to: [email protected]
    Received Fri, Jul 24, 2015 at 2:34 AM

"Have no idea, sorry."

--- Sent from mobile ---
    My 2nd REPLY TO THIS WAS:
    EMAIL #2:
    Sent: Fri, Jul 24, 2015 at 2:44 AM

"do u plan on finding out my question on this subject ?"
    MY 3rd REPLY I RECEIVED WAS:
    Received: Fri, Jul 24, 2015 at 3:11 AM

"No."
    MY RESPONCE TO THIS WAS:
    Sent: Fri, Jul 24, 2015 at 4:11 AM

"why?

For u'r readers who will try "to the letter" to install MSTS on a windows 7 OS, & to whom may own a raildriver, one would hope for u to provide some answers to their questions on this subject matter, (UNLESS U ARE NOT A RAILDRIVER OWNER & CAN'T PROVIDE AN ANSWER)."
    To date, Yuri Sos has N O T replyed back since.

If u have an answer to this that "Yuri Sos" could not provide to me, would me much appreciated.

PLEASE REPLY SOON, & thanks.

I plan to install MSTS on my laptop: HP ProBook 450 G2, running Windows 7., Pro. - 64, my other pc spec's are as follows:
    PROCESSOR: INTEL: Dual-Core i5-5200U CPU @ 2.20GHz,
    GRAPHICS CARD / INTEL: Intel HD Graphics 5500 &
    GRAPHICS CARD / AMD: AMD Radeon R5 M255.

Should u need more spec's on my laptop, please ask, if needed.

PS. The real reason why the raildriver will not work with MSTS on a Windows 7 OS level, may be easily explained from raildriver, directly available to see (in a comment I had asked them a few years back, asking if their were to be some software download to allow the Raildriver Desktop Train Cab Controller GAMING ACCESSORY to work properly with MSTS when played on a Windows 7. computer) @:

& read the title: "Concerning MSTS".
    Christopher Canfield

Rail Driver, using program included, doesn't work with MsTS under Windows 7, as it's written here: http://raildriver.com/support/.

So, as I wrote in my first message of this thread, to work with Windows 7 (or Vista or 8) is required to install RDTrain Fix (http://henkel.homedns.org), that substitutes program included with Rail Driver (you don't have to install Rail Driver CD programs).

Have you installed RDTrain Fix?

PS: on my PC, MsTS works running as Administrator, with UAC at max level, anyway MsTS works also without running as Administrator, but I prefer to avoid duplication files in "VirtualStore" folder. Note that MsTS, activities installation, Activity Editor, etc must run as same user.
    Other workarounds work too, but I think that what I did is better about security issues (IMHO).
    Last edited by Alex_80; 07-28-2015 at 01:17 AM.

Default reply to "Alex 80" on have I installed MSTS . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Alex_80 View Post
    Rail Driver, using program included, doesn't work with MsTS under Windows 7, as it's written here: http://raildriver.com/support/.

So, as I wrote in my first message of this thread, to work with Windows 7 (or Vista or 8) is required to install RDTrain Fix (http://henkel.homedns.org), that substitutes program included with Rail Driver (you don't have to install Rail Driver CD programs).

Have you installed RDTrain Fix?

PS: on my PC, MsTS works running as Administrator, with UAC at max level, anyway MsTS works also without running as Administrator, but I prefer to avoid duplication files in "VirtualStore" folder. Note that MsTS, activities installation, Activity Editor, etc must run as same user.
    Other workarounds work too, but I think that what I did is better about security issues (IMHO).
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    No I haven't installed MSTS on my laptop, yet, hoping to find out more "news" on installing MSTS, should there be more "special installation instructions I would have been required to do in addition to following "to the letter" the install instructions set forth from Yuri Sos's web posting on how to install MSTS on a Windows 7 PC.

I did read u'r post on installing MSTS without installing Raildriver software simply by installing the "RDTrain Fix".

This "RDTrain Fix", I JUST DISCOVERED THAT IT'S ALL IN GERMAN (or @ least I think it is).
    I will need to have this RDTrain Fix webpage &/or download converted into USA English, for me to fully understand how to install it & this was not mentioned in Yuri Sos's post.

I don't mean any disrespect to u "Alex 80" but I am not German, & only speak English from the United States of America.

By any chance, did u perform the MSTS installation instructions outlined in Yuri Sos's post too, & if yes, did it yeld u with good results, good enough that so u say that u did not install the drivers for Raildriver to speak to MSTS on a windows 7 PC when running the Raildriver manager?

If u have not read the post from Yuri Sos, I have re-edited it to make it easier to understand & to follow, step by step.
    It's written in English using my professional document creation skills & talent using Microsoft Office Pro. 2003's Word processor program & if u wish to see it to incorporate when & where to install this "RDTrain Fix" in USA English, please let me know, so I can send a fully edited copy to u & I would be very interested in your comment about that.

HOPE TO HEAR FROM YOU AGAIN.

(SENT FROM MY WINDOWS PHONE).
    Christopher Canfield

RDTrain Fix installation doesn't require user interaction: at the end of installation it will create a folder (Programs Files(x64)\RDTrain Fix) and NO message will be shown.

In "Programs Files(x64)\RDTrain Fix" there's a manual, also in English.

After start RDTrain Fix, you can choose language (English included).

This is RDTrain Fix download page: http://henkel.homedns.org/forum/thre...did=50&seite=1.

About MsTS under Windows 7, I haven't tried Yuri Sos method, because I prefer to run MsTS as Administrator and UAC at max level, but I read Yuri Sos post and seems like other guides about same workaround (not in English) that I hear that works, anyway I think that Yuri Sos tested his method before to write it.

ATTENTION "RailDriver for MsTS under Windows 7 (RDTrain Fix)" THREAD READERS:
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I am discontinuing all of my posts from this following titled thread:

"RailDriver for MsTS under Windows 7 (RDTrain Fix)"

& have started 2 NEW threads of my own, the first & primary thread titled:

"Discussion Thread on Raildriver / MSTS on Win. 7., ONLY issues"

& the 2nd NEW thread is titled:

"All "other" questions to ask me on other Raildriver Issues" !
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    PLEASE CATCH ME UP & CONTINUE ON ALL ISSUES & DISCUSSIONS, WITH ME, RELATED WITH THE RAILDRIVER DESKTOP TRAIN CAB CONTROLLER ON MY NEW THREADS &
    "HAPPY TRAIN SIMMING" !
    Christopher Canfield

Dear: "Alex 80":

I have as of now, installed MSTS on my laptop & running, the recommended program, u told me to install: "RDTrain Fix": I just noticed that this program requires a: "registration code".

Do u or anyone reading this reply of mine, happen to know what it is?
    Christopher Canfield

ATTENTION ALL RailDriver for MsTS under Windows 7 (RDTrain Fix) THREAD USERS & READERS:
    ************************************************** ************************************************** ***********
    I have just found out that the program that this thread is based around (RDTrain Fix) is N O T, I repeat: N O T FREE !

The cost of obtaining a registration code to allow RDTrain Fix program to work, is: 5 Euro or $5.58 US dollars.

My source of this new info, just coming to light, is from: "Udo Henkel" @ "henkel.homedns.org".

This individual has send me this email stating so about the RDTrain Fix program sent to me via email on:
    Thu, Aug 13, 2015 at 2:02 AM / EASTERN TIME.

NOTE: I also discovered this after downloading it, then trying to launch it, for the first time,

Here is the entire email:
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "Hello Chris,

thank you for interesting of my program. The registration costs 5 Euro.
    You can pay it per paypal ([email protected]), by banking transfer or by post in a letter.

regards."
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I THOUGHT ALL READERS TO THIS THREAD SHOULD BE INFORMED OF THIS NEW INFORMATION !

Should anyone wish to contact me, u may send me a private message,

"HAPPY TRAIN SIMMING !"
    Christopher Canfield

I already know that RDTrain Fix is payware and costs 5 Euro: its manual says it too.

Anyway, it works without registration for 15 minutes to test it, but you can't save new train configurations, after you can start it again for others 15 minutes and so on.

RailDriver costs about 200 Euro, so 5 Euro for RDTrain Fix to me doesn't seem a problem, anyway it's clearly written on manual and anyone can choose to buy or not to buy it.

PS: isn't allowed to report e-mail or private message without permission by the sender, but if you have permission by him it's OK.
    Last edited by Alex_80; 08-15-2015 at 02:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Canfield View Post
    ATTENTION ALL RailDriver for MsTS under Windows 7 (RDTrain Fix) THREAD USERS & READERS:
    ************************************************** ************************************************** ***********
    I shall run and tell the King.

Finally I bought RailDriver.

RailDriver (using RDTrain Fix) works very well with MsTS under Windows 7.