Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: APKExtractor - a replacement for TSUnpack

Default APKExtractor - a replacement for TSUnpack

Hi All,
    The latest version of this program is now available in the file library - apkextractor303.zip
    The only change is a (fairly) minor bug-fix

For those who haven't tried it yet, may I say it is especially useful to Open Rails users with multiple installation profiles as there is no requirement to unpack apk files into "dummy" routes. For MSTS users, it does all that TSUnpack does, and more! It is equally suitable for MSTS-only, Open Rails-only and mixed installations.

A further enhancement, which is only applicable to OR, is in the "works" and should be available by the end of the month.

Cheers,
    Ged

Stalinist,broke United Kingdom (Hey buddy,can you spare �1.3 trillion?))

I have multiple MSTS installations,where should this be placed in the file system ? Do I need it in every MSTS or can it simply be placed on the C drive and will it then automatically unpack activities to the correct route ?

I have been using this excellent software for a while, works quite well.
    Simply place in your C Drive >> mine is intalled in C:\MSTS APK Extractor v3 and it will work just fine.

I am using it with about 45+ separate OR/MSTS installs - each install with about 3 to 12 routes (around 150+ routes total) and it has always found the correct route to install,

I love the ability to convert the apk file to a zip file so you can check out all the individual files contained before installation into a route.
    Cheers, Gerry
    It's my railroad and I'll do what I want! Historically accurate attitude of US Railroad Barons.
    Forever, ridin' drag in railroad knowledge.

Quote Originally Posted by R. Steele View Post
    I have been using this excellent software for a while, works quite well.
    Simply place in your C Drive >> mine is intalled in C:\MSTS APK Extractor v3 and it will work just fine.

I am using it with about 45+ separate OR/MSTS installs - each install with about 3 to 12 routes (around 150+ routes total) and it has always found the correct route to install,

I love the ability to convert the apk file to a zip file so you can check out all the individual files contained before installation into a route.
    Being a total Mini Route "convert" I've been waiting for a utility that does this for ages. With OR the only choice for the future of "user made add-ons" it will obviously become an essential piece of software?
    Geoff
    Dorset - near The Swanage Railway.
    UK

Quote Originally Posted by R. Steele View Post
    .........snip...............
    No need to do that. It will unpack into a nominated folder with all files and folders present and correct. The nominated folder does not need to be a route folder.
    Beer is not a matter of life or death, it is much more serious than that.

Thanks for all the replies.

Quote Originally Posted by baldwin View Post
    No need to do that. It will unpack into a nominated folder with all files and folders present and correct. The nominated folder does not need to be a route folder.
    Yep I know that, have been testing some of the new versions that Ged is still working on. I just like to have zip copies of all the activities (as downloaded) and archive them by route.

Your post does bring up another of the advantages of this software...it is very flexible in regards to user preference in dealing with apk files.
    Eliminating all the problems that occurred with TSUnpack. As Geoff (lateagain) posted it promises to become an integral piece of software for simmers.
    Cheers, Gerry
    It's my railroad and I'll do what I want! Historically accurate attitude of US Railroad Barons.

Used it for the first time today,works great.Thanks very much for solution to the TSunpack problem!

Quote Originally Posted by ragtimer View Post
    Used it for the first time today,works great.Thanks very much for solution to the TSunpack problem!
    Give a special thank you to TS's own "slipperman" GED for this wonderful and useful contribution!!!
    Cheers, Gerry

Hi All,
    The latest (and possibly, final!) version of this program is now available from the library. The main "guts" of the program haven't changed, but a couple of enhancements (suggested by my testers - thanks, chaps ) are included. Full details are included in the ReadMe. To those users who are averse to using ReadMe files, I'd like to suggest the following to avoid possible difficulties :
    Unpack the zip file into a temporary folder and run the installer found there-in. The name of the executable and of the default installation folder are the same as for the previous version.*** NOTE : It is recommended that the previous version is NOT uninstalled and that this version is installed into the same folder, otherwise it will be necessary to re-associate .apk files with this version of APKExtractor3.exe
    Also, I note that the two previous versions are still available in the library; until they are removed, may I suggest that you only use version 3.04 (uploaded 10 Aug 2015). The main reasons being that (i) I think it's better (!) and (ii) it'll make it easier for me to deal with any problems/errors encountered. Thanks

Cheers,
    Ged

EDIT : The name of the download is : apkex-v3.zip - apologies for the omission!!
    Last edited by slipperman; 08-11-2015 at 04:43 AM.