Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Will Windows 10 support AMD graphic card in MSTS?

I just bit the bullet and updated my back-up machine to W10. It has an AMD HD6870 graphics card so I was keen to see if the fix works for me. Unfortunately it didn't. When I try to run MSTS I get a black screen with "Train Simulator" in the top left corner for a second or so and then MSTS disappears back to the desktop.

Bob.

Progress!!!

I tried installing DirectX 9c, just in case, and ran MProfile but no luck. It was strange in that the tools would run okay but not the main program.

I think what finally did it was to make sure MSTS was running as administrator and in XP (SP3) compatibility mode.

Bob.

That's what I did with mine to make sure MSTS running as administrator and in XP (SP3) compatibility mode. Finally got them working in my desktop. I did not bother to install legacy DirectX9 and have DirectX12 and AMD graphic card with the latest driver run the program of Microsoft Train Simulator.

John

In the end I followed the opposite path. Took advantage of the month's period of grace and rolled back to Windows 7. Wasn't prepared to faff about and there are other issues with Win 10 I wasn't that keen on (blurred fonts on many apps being just one). A future just route building in Toy Sim (Trainz) or RW-TS was just too horrible to contemplate. If I eventually buy a new development laptop and have no choice but to acecpt Win 10, well I'll make sure it has a Nvidia card.

MSTS now reinstalling, Steam4me maintenance procedures to carry out then I shall dust off my list of possible route projects.
    Vern.

Jackfuste,

I have done what you describe, but then ran into another problem.

After doing what you told us to do, my MSTS has been able to start. I see the loading image, but then, just when it is about to open the main menu, I get error messages stating that some .eng files cannot be read. Has anyone else encountered this problem?

Of course, I have Win 8.1 and an AMD graphics card.

Quote Originally Posted by jackfuste View Post
    Here's solution for AMD cards on Windows 8/8.1/10:
    • Copy atiumdag.dll from folder
      Windows\SysWOW64\ (on x64 system)
      Windows\System32 (on x86 system)
      into game folder
    • Download patcher - MSTS_AMD_BUGFIX.exe
    • Run patcher and patch atiumdag.dll
    • Play game

Or you can use already patched files from few driver versions - MSTS_atiumdag.7z
    You should use atiumdag.dll version that lower or equal than current installed driver version.
    For example, if you use Catalyst 14.8 then you can use atiumdag.dll from folders 14.4; 13.12; 13.4.
    Borislav
    https://www.trainsim.com/vbts/signaturepics/sigpic100353_2.gif

See my response in the other thread - the AMD fix allows MSTS and the Editors to start but the RE editing screen is completely frozen and locked, can place the sound source and use the menu to save but can't scroll the camera at all.
    Vern.

thank you jackfuste,i tried your patch and finally it worked on my win10 64bit and with amd hd6850,don't pay attention to some person not trust the patch

How Do I Get MSTS Working On Windows 10 Without Making It Run As Admin

Hi,
    How Do I Get MSTS Working On Windows 10 Without Making It Run As Admin

I don't think you can, and it doesn't only apply to Windows 10!!

Cheers,
    Ged

Quote Originally Posted by =FI=Ghost View Post
    Jackfuste,
    I get error messages stating that some .eng files cannot be read.
    Hi Borislav,

Please post the complete error message.
    It sounds like you are missing some rolling stock for an activity.
    Cheers
    Derek