Thread: Mess'in with the TANE

Cool Mess'in with the TANE

I've been trying to develop a session in the Hinton route.

I had a problem with the supplied steam engine they call; LOCO UP #4609 TS 1210. I like the realistic controls but I could not get the water and coal to feed into the engine. I could add 1% coal about every minute or so but the engine was devouring it faster so I ended up with dead engines. Maybe it's me?? I then tried to set them on auto fireman but that didn't work and I wonder if there is a conflict with telling some engines that they have auto firemen and then telling the " Quick Drive " menu that you want the realistic controls??

I may work with that later but for now I'm using the; 2755 C&O Kanawha K-4 steam engine and every thing works good with that guy as far as I can see.

I got 4 of those K-4s to service groups of mines where before I was going to use the smaller engines at each mine and then come along with the big guy to haul the loads away.

The one turntable I tried so far was just big enough to turn the K-4. But, I also found that if one uses the extra commands of "instant unload" and "reverse tram" I can solve a problem that I asked some route builders about years ago and that is when a nice route just ends with no place to turn around and no place to empty loads what do you do?? I asked why not put on an extension to the realistic route so us drivers could have a way of running continuously and I think the answer was something like the raspberries, which is their right and I don't begrudge them cause I'm just happy to have their realistic routes.

Now, with the two commands I can make every route work. Just go to the non-prototypical end of a line, pretend you went someware that wants your cargo, instantly unload it and reverse the tram and go back for more!!!!! Problem solved!!!

Sorry I got to catch a plane!

I'll catch up on this In Vegas if I have time.

Wild Willy the Wacko
    Last edited by CWA13000; 07-22-2015 at 01:44 PM.

Thumbs up Something to like!

I put the lid on the new Trainz comp I'm building and I thought I should give it a stress test by running one of the long distance routes through the mountains. I picked the " Northern Pacific's Lookout pass line winter session. I was wondering how the heat would build up with the box closed which was a big reason I picked the VID card I have; it sucks air from the box and shoots it out the back instead of dumping all the heat back into the box like most do.

I'd been kind of liking the shadow effects but running this through the snow gave great contrast to the shadows against the snow and I was really impressed, even with the way they go across the dashboard and big ones kind of dim the lighting in the cab in general as one drives through them.

I may be too easily impressed but I'm starting to like this thing!

Something I noticed on the Hinton route the other day was the automobiles looked like they had that real car problem of hesitation with a lot of sliders toward max and I backed a couple off to smooth-out their flow, and I thought I had been building in sufficient over kill on the new build:

GIGABYTE GA-Z97X-UD5H-BK LGA 1150 Intel Z97

Intel Core i7-4790K Devil's Canyon Quad-Core 4.0GH

G. SKILL TridentX Series 32GB ( 4 x 8GB ) DDR3

ASUS TURBO-GTX970-OC-4GD5 GeForce GTX 970 4GB

2 x SAMSUNG 850 EVO 2.5” 250GB SATA III

EVGA 220-G2-0750-XR 80 PLUS GOLD 750 Watt PSU

2 x LG Ultra Slim Portable DVD Writer USB 2.0 drives

Rosewell RNX-AC1200UBE- Dual Band Wireless USB 3

Microsoft Win 8.1 – Full Version ( 32 & 64-bit ) 64-bit installed now upgraded to WIN 10

Kensington Expert Trackball Mouse

Wild willy the wacko
    Last edited by CWA13000; 08-07-2015 at 07:25 AM.