Thread: Valleypass RSD7/15 and CF7 Activities

Default Valleypass RSD7/15 and CF7 Activities

I have a couple of activities that I am working on. They each utilize the recent engines put out by Gaetan Belanger at valleypass.com. He has been very cooperative and fast in assembling some engines from the 1960-80 years. The CF7s are used on Bob Wirths Clovis Sub and have a local running from Clovis to Belen and is set for the year 1975. The 1970s were transition years for many railroads. The early F models were getting old and needed to be replaced, but the economy was a bit sluggish with the Vietnam War just winding down. The ATSF decided to rebuild the FT-F7 A models into what the called the CF7 which had a cab that was similiar to the GP7/9s that provided much better visibility for making switching moves. It was quite common to the see F3/F7B units to be used with the CF7 units and even still to be converted F3A-F7A engines intermingled making for some strange looking motive power. The CF7s were regularly used to move Potash trains that were loaded in southeastern New Mexico and then brought up to Clovis for distribution far and wide.

The RSD 7 and RSD15s were first used to haul heavy freight over Raton Pass and are featured on Bob's Raton Pass III route for the year 1968--well in advance of the rebuilt CF7s. That was their home territory for most of their life. Later on, they were used to move trains over the hump at Barstow and other ATSF yards. Gaetan has done a great job in getting these engines produced and ready to run. I know that he is making some upgrades to the initial files that came out with the engines when they were released earlier this month. I have the activities made, just need to identify where all the rolling stock can be either purchased or downloaded. There are a number of pieces of payware since 3dtrains GP7 and GP9s are used along with the Super Chief passenger set in addition to the CF7s and RSDs from valleypass.

Of course, it is not all that hard to swap out freeware rolling stock. But, you might not get the exact engine to work like it should as payware makers often modify the .eng files. Give me a few days to get all of the rolling stock identified. For those of you who have ran my ATSF activities previously there might not be that many things that will be needed to be installed.

Bob Edwards

Looking forward to these activities!

Thank you in advance!

Glenn Wilkinson

I had some things that came
    Up will be after September 5th or so now.