Page 25 of 26 FirstFirst ... 15 23 24 25 26 LastLast

Thread: MSTS on Windows 10 - Confirmed

This is a problem I had when I first got MSTS (back in 2004). There are a number of versions of the 'train.exe' file, the one I had on a genuine Microsoft install disc was too new! The version you need is dated 11th December 2001 and has a size of 3997 kb. I believe that this is the one in the 'version 1.4' update to the original. If you do not have the correct version, no version of BIN will install.

I haven't checked, but I believe the update is available from the the steam4me website.
    onen hag oll!

I've read most of the posts on the Forum over the past few months and found a lot of pros and cons about operating systems and so I decided to pretend I was back in 2007 when I first purchased MSTS and never had any problems with it.
    Up until a month ago I was using Win 8, then I decided to upgrade to Win 10, that was a mistake, so I returned to Win 8, my PC was getting on in years so I decided it was time for a new PC but I didn't want Win 10. So I bought a new PC using Win 7, 3.1 ghz, 16 gig Ram. Nvidia video card. I also had a CD-DVD player installed so that I could install my Maple Leaf Tracks Routes. I only use this PC for MSTS and FS 2014 only. I do not go on the internet with it. I use my laptop to write to this Forum and to download Routes, Locomotives and Freight cars.
    Wally, Elliot Lake, Ontario

Reading this entire thread, [deleted]
    Last edited by eolesen; 04-19-2017 at 12:47 PM.

Fixed your post, PXSE.

We're supposed to be a friendly community here. That wasn't friendly.
    Packerland Dev Release 2013-06 now available on Dropbox -- PM me for access...

Baldwin....you are very correct sir...I uploaded it from the Ubisoft/MSTS TrainSim CDs...
    E.T.& W.N.C./Linville River Railroad "The Doe River Route"
    Bill Stevens - - Knoxville, TN

"MSTS absolutely won't launch in Win 10 unless you run it as Administrator. And install the last DirectX 9 Redistributable package from Microsoft -- https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/down...s.aspx?id=8109"

When I attempt to run this version on my Win 10 laptop I get a message to the effect that it will only run on systems using XP, Win 7, etc.. operating systems. Can't install this DirectX version on this Win 10 laptop. Am I doing something wrong? Thank you.
    Glenn Duba
    Cinnaminson, NJ

Hi Glenn,
    Can't install this DirectX version on this Win 10 laptop. Am I doing something wrong?
    Sorry, I can't answer that, but I've installed DirectX 9.0c on to two separate Windows 10 desktops without any problem. Make sure you use the off-line installer - here : https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/down...s.aspx?id=8109 and not the web installer.

Cheers,
    Ged

Quote Originally Posted by slipperman View Post
    Hi Glenn,

Sorry, I can't answer that, but I've installed DirectX 9.0c on to two separate Windows 10 desktops without any problem. Make sure you use the off-line installer - here : https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/down...s.aspx?id=8109 and not the web installer.

Cheers,
    Ged
    The OFFLINE (full) installer is the key. The web installer doesn't work in Windows 10. That may be what's going wrong.

GED, thank you. Have the file, where do I install it to?
    Glenn Duba
    Cinnaminson, NJ

Hi Glenn,

You just run the installer, it will install where it must go, its all system stuff.
    Cheers
    Derek