Page 2 of 35 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: MSTS on Windows 10 - Confirmed

Quote Originally Posted by crstagg View Post
    "LastPass" ? Are you referring to the Password manager that got Hacked?
    Indeed I am. My password (that is, my master password) was not hacked, nor were any of my other passwords.

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by Shawmut View Post
    Indeed I am. My password (that is, my master password) was not hacked, nor were any of my other passwords.

Dave
    Was wondering since I use KeePass. Just checked the KeePass forum and did not see any show stoppers mentioned there.
    Charles

Shawmut -- I was surprised to see your Nvidia graphic card is still working in Windows 10. I read somewhere in other forums that Nvidia users are not too pleased with Microsoft for the update of Windows 10 with Nividia driver. I am not sure which version of Nvidia driver is not compatible with Windows 10. Anyway it's good to know that you can run the latest operating system of Windows 10 with Nvidia graphic card.

Smile,

John

Gandangara Estate, Sutherland Shire. N.S.W, Australia.

I have nVidia and I have a fantastic improvement in graphics performance.

Cheers

Daniel
    Daniel - Sydney (wishing I was in Townsville)

Quote Originally Posted by cn bala View Post
    Shawmut -- I was surprised to see your Nvidia graphic card is still working in Windows 10. I read somewhere in other forums that Nvidia users are not too pleased with Microsoft for the update of Windows 10 with Nividia driver. I am not sure which version of Nvidia driver is not compatible with Windows 10. Anyway it's good to know that you can run the latest operating system of Windows 10 with Nvidia graphic card.

Smile,

John
    Yep, like Daniel in Sydney I've experienced increased frame rates, much less the card not working. I couldn't be more pleased, to be precise. One thing I forgot to mention is that the Edge browser works only in sandbox mode, so there is little chance for a rogue site to infect the OS. And MS correctly identified my antivirus (Malwarebytes + Avira) and both worked - again - flawlessly when the upgrade went through. So let me repeat, *every* app I had installed on my computer worked after the upgrade, the only difference being that performance was much snappier. The OS worked. The video and sound card worked. My antivirus worked. MSTS and ORTS (which were already installed) worked. Route Riter and Prio and Dynatrax and all of the rest of the train apps I have installed worked. And I didn't have to do any fiddling or downloading of drivers to get things to work. So my hat is off to MS, which I had pretty much relegated to "has-been" status after all the advances that Google and Apple have made. They are most definitely back in the game.

Dave

Mine just installed the new operating system of Windows Home few minutes ago. And the only problem that I have is with the program of Microsoft Train Simulator. When I clicked the icon of MSTS on desktop to start the simulator and all of sudden got the black screen with the while little box right in the middle of the screen. Here is the message below:

Microsoft Train Simulator v1.4

Microsoft Train Simulator v1.4 has stopped working.

A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available.

[ Close program ]

Guess that my train simulator is not compatible with Windows 10 Home. Not sure what else to look for the problem to fix and be able to simulate the train simulator. Right now I can run the program of Open Rails but not with MSTS. If you think there is a way to fix the problem with this and let me know.

Thank you,

John

Run mprofile.exe
    Charles

I did ran mprofile.exe and still have the same problem.

John

Thanks for your feedback, Daniel and Dave !

My pal Mike Simpson also being happy with WIN-10, it is now downloading for FREE and installing it on my WIN-7 Pro computer while I am in bed in about half an hour, having done 12% so far !

Shall report later what I think of it, after having tested it with MS-FSX, MSTSBin DB-Tracks routes, ORTS and TS2015.

Perhaps WIN-10 can now have TS2015 cope with my 3D SR-OTTO-Concrete ties, crashing it when running routes which have many tracks and switches like the DTG 3-Munich routes merged by Danny Leech and improved by me using my SR-OTTO tracks !

If not then I shall upgrade its nVidia GTX 560Ti with a better one and add 8GB of RAM to the 8 it has !

I am having FUN !

MSTS absolutely won't launch in Win 10 unless you run it as Administrator. And install the last DirectX 9 Redistributable package from Microsoft -- https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/down...s.aspx?id=8109

Otto, I think you'll be pleasantly surprised with Win10 Pro. It's not perfect, but I see a lot of potential in it. Don't be put off by some of the simplistic interface in spots. Everything a power user needs is still there -- for instance, right-click the Start button and you'll see the classic Control Panel is accessible from there, along with a lot of the other configuration options. And you can still get more control of updates by using the Group Policy controls. You can run it opted-out of Microsoft online services and it will work just fine.

MSTS-Roundhouse

On hiatus and moving to a new host -- Probably in 2021
    (Because 2020 has turned out to be b0rked beyond belief...
    )