Thread: ORTS Horizon Question

Question ORTS Horizon Question

Hi, I couldn't find anybody else that was experiencing this problem. How can I make my horizon and sky not look like this? On some routes it's near and some it's far, but equally irritating. Thank you for any and all help.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Have you tried changing distance settings in its Options ?

Hi,

Not all MSTS environments are compatible with ORTS just yet. If there's something in the .ENV file that ORTS is not expecting, it will default to the untextured sky, as in your screen shot.

Uncheck the 'use MSTS environments' for routes where this happens.

Doug Relyea
    Making stuff that works, using outdated Software on outdated Hardware.

I am using MSTS Default and KOSMOS environments, the latter not showing their best in ORTS yet, but neither have a problem showing distant views using these ORTS Options settings:

Okay, I checked those options and problem fixed! As for the distance settings, I adjusted, but then left the viewing distance at 2000m, which works fine for me, but had not helped previously. Every bit of knowledge has helped me and I hope this article helps others in the future, thanks guys!

-Paul

horizonshot02.jpg

Hi,

Glad this worked. There's something in the current TriState Summer .ENV that causes the untextured sky to appear, at least for me, telling ORTS to use the MSTS environments. Thinking back, it also chopped the view horizon to the MSTS default.

It's possible this is more a hardware issue than software, that some of us can't get MSTS environments in ORTS.

Doug Relyea
    Making stuff that works, using outdated Software on outdated Hardware.