Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Windows 10 and Open Rails

MP 95.0 Union Pacific Fresno Subdivision, Manteca, California

Default Windows 10 and Open Rails

I know that Windows 10 is relatively new to the scene but already noticing some issues with it and Open Rails. I have been running Open Rails and noticed that it would just crash for no reason. I would start getting going and the activity would get a window that says that open rails stopped responding. Is there a way around this or some bug that surfaced because of Windows 10 being the new kid on the block?

Have not done activities, but OR 1.0 and OR Testing seem to be working for me. Have run explore route for about 20 minutes without issues. Do all activities crash? Is the activity a default one or a custom? My testbed is 64 bit home. Does MSTS also exhibit the same issue with the same activity?

Don't complain that Open Rails is crashing and ask for help without posting your OR Log text file.
    Charles

Quote Originally Posted by jdawg View Post
    I know that Windows 10 is relatively new to the scene but already noticing some issues with it and Open Rails. I have been running Open Rails and noticed that it would just crash for no reason. I would start getting going and the activity would get a window that says that open rails stopped responding. Is there a way around this or some bug that surfaced because of Windows 10 being the new kid on the block?
    Haven't experienced any issues myself. In fact, I've been able to up the settings a bit since the upgrade without taking a frame rate hit. Make sure your graphics drivers are up to date and run OR as an administrator. I've tested numerous activities on a number of different routes without any issues.

I haven't had any issue with Win 10 and OR. I was up and running right after installing Win 10. Could it possibly be your Win 10 configuration?

Will windows 10 remove MSTS ORTS when win 10 installs?

No sir!

Ged

I tried to download v.1 of open rails, and I either get a server error or windows ten ten tells me the exe file is corrupted and cannot download it. When I installed w10 it will no longer run v.9 or any of the msts stuff I had saying that they are not supported any longer, any help please.

How did you attempt the download? I successfully downloaded OR 1.0 and the test version using the new browser and also using Firefox. Try another browser? With no info in your post, cannot offer much help.

Quote Originally Posted by Gecko View Post
    I tried to download v.1 of open rails, and I either get a server error or windows ten ten tells me the exe file is corrupted and cannot download it. When I installed w10 it will no longer run v.9 or any of the msts stuff I had saying that they are not supported any longer, any help please.
    Did you try downloading from the "try alternative link"? I had two unsuccessful goes yesterday, (it got to about 18 MB downloaded both times then stopped) but got it first time via the alternative link. Worth a try if you haven't already.