Thread: Open Rails Time Table

Default Open Rails Time Table

How to make time table act in open rails?
    Please explain...

Pls find the details in the manual (http://openrails.org/files/Manual.pdf), section 11.

Cheers, Markus

Trains. Trains? Trains! =)
    I usually hang out at www.elvastower.com (markus_GE).
    Also take a look at my homepage: http://mgelbmann.jimdo.com/

I found the Timetable Editor (under the Tools button at the bottom of the Open Rails start screen) to be very helpful. When you click the button, it will ask for the "routedatabase (*tdb)," which is a file that lists the stations in your route. Then you give it a title (in the cell that is in the #comment row and the #comment column), and start adding trains. To do this, point to any cell in column 3, press the "define train" button at the top, and the software will lead you through the steps. Each train requires a path, a consist, and a start time. Since I don't know how to create new paths (i.e., from one station to another), I'm just borrowing paths from the activities that came with my route.

I'm running a lot of freight trains on a long single track with sidings. Open Rails takes care of the rest: the first train to the single track section has the right of way; the other train (whether its AI or the one you're driving) goes to a siding and gets a red signal. Very cool!

The one problem I have is that some trains are not recognized when the timetable starts running. (You can see this by toggling through F5 HUD windows until you see a list of the trains, distance traveled, speed, etc. Some trains are not there when they should be, according to the timetable start times. To correct this, I just restart the timetable and select the missing train as the player train. After that it always shows up, whether it is AI or player-driven.

I don't understand all of the optional commands in the timetable instructions. I suppose those are more apropos to passenger train schedules between stations.

Hope this helps!

Best wishes,
    Bob

Thanks Bob..

Thanks markus1996