Thread: Run8 backup

Default Run8 backup

Hey peoples could someone explain to me in laymans terms how to back up my Run8 files? I can do it on a disk or a thumbdrive. I've tried before and have had no luck. Thanks in advance, dennypaul111

If you have the space to do so, it should be as easy as making a copy of your Run8Studios folder onto an external hard drive or flash drive. The total size of mine is 2.75 gigs so anything over 4 gigs should be just fine. If you cannot get that to work I would post the exact steps you are taking to try and make a back up copy.

I also burn mine to DVD to keep off site just in case. You never know what will happen to your stuff.
    Doug B.
    Eugene, Oregon, USA - Pacific Standard Time ( - 8:00 UTC )
    3.4 ghz Intel i7-3770 quad core processor, 8 gigs RAM, 2 gig AMD Radeon HD 7850

OK should I just find the folder and use the "send to" function or use "copy"? The steps to take are what are confusing me so I can get an executable copy to put on my new rig.

How familiar are you with using Windows Explorer to move files? You should just make a copy of your current Run 8 folder on the storage device you are backing it up on.

As far as putting it on a new machine, it is best to install Run 8 using the original installation file and then overwrite that folder with your backup copy.
    Doug B.
    Eugene, Oregon, USA - Pacific Standard Time ( - 8:00 UTC )
    3.4 ghz Intel i7-3770 quad core processor, 8 gigs RAM, 2 gig AMD Radeon HD 7850

Quote Originally Posted by dennypaul111 View Post
    OK should I just find the folder and use the "send to" function or use "copy"? The steps to take are what are confusing me so I can get an executable copy to put on my new rig.
    If the installer writes anything to the registry, a copy of the folder alone will likely not run. As suggested, use the original installer.

Put a copy of the installer (and your registration info) in the folder. No problem.