Page 28 of 28 FirstFirst ... 18262728

Thread: 3DTrains: Tehachapi Pass Beta Available

Hardly the same, Chandler.
    FPM arrived out of nowhere, riding in on a blaze of publicity and banging on about how Surfliner was going to be the best thing since sliced bread.

On the other hand, Marc and 3DTrains have been around for ages and he has some serious credibility to support him.

I am more concerned about his well-being; this is not like him at all. There is no history of him ever "disappearing".

If anyone knows him personally, or can contact him outside email and forums, it might be an idea to try and do so.
    IBM XT i386; 512Kb RAM; 5.25" FDD; 1.4Mb FDD; 5Mb HDD; VGA 256-colour graphics card; AdLib soundcard; DR DOS 6.0; Windows 3.0

Seconded Bruce.

Mike.
    Remember always that a wise man walks with his head bowed, humble like the dust

Third also from here. Not like Marc at all.
    Processor AMD Athlon II X 4 645 Processor, operating at 3.10 Ghz., 12 GB Memory, Windows 7 Ultimate 64, GeForce GTX 970.

Dave Horton
    North Las Vegas, NV

I don't even know his surname.

Does anyone know what it is?
    IBM XT i386; 512Kb RAM; 5.25" FDD; 1.4Mb FDD; 5Mb HDD; VGA 256-colour graphics card; AdLib soundcard; DR DOS 6.0; Windows 3.0

Nelson

I am starting to worry as well it's not in his nature to just up and vanish without some sort of notification. I do hope he is okay and well.

I have found a phone number for his address in Riverside, if someone in the 'States would like to try it.

Hopefully Marc is okay.

So far as the route is concerned, although I bought into the early access/beta as time went by with no evidence of completion, I kind of lost interest quite some time ago. Tehachapi has been done to death and with Run 8 available frankly any other iteration of it - no matter how well created - is never going to quite live up to the same experience. It would be more of a novelty thing, e.g. taking a pair of Class 37's and Mark One rolling stock over the line.
    Vern.

Well, I also bought into the project in 2015, and even though the route isn't finished yet, Marc has done some fabulous scenery items, especially, his clutter and road vehicles, lots of VW vans I can place on all of my German routes, and everything else he has provided gives me lots of 'toys' to play with adorning all of my North American layouts, freeware and DLC, so, I've made use of what he has given us so far and look forward to his newer creations and the texturing of the buildings that he has constructed so far for us all.

Cheerz. Steve.
    i5 4690 3.5 GHz Quad Core CPU, Gigabyte Z97-HD3, 16GB RAM, nVidia GTX1060 6GB, WIN 7 PRO 64-bit.