Page 30 of 31 FirstFirst ... 2028293031 LastLast

Thread: 3DTrains: Tehachapi Pass Beta Available

The big problem is “What does finished mean?” ... Everyone will have their own ideas of what they think absolutely must be there before it’s finished.

Finished, is when the route builder\vendor says it's finished.
    The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt

Quote Originally Posted by seagoon View Post
    No, there is a lot of infrastructure to be done, Rich, particularly around the Bakersfield area, together with signalling. All added up, there is a considerable amount of detailing to be done. But, c'est la vie, or que sera, sera. Life goes on and I'm too old to whinge about the loss of a few bucks.
    Well, Marc did construct a lot of different buildings but he never applied all of them with textures, so, they might be in situ, but, there are just little grey blocks of warehouses, residences, etc, which look a little odd across the whole route, that's all.
    However, he has given us plenty of unique misc. scenery items like litter and go-karts, and road vehicles to utilise on many of our other routes both DLC and freeware, all brand new Semi trucks and trailers, Commercial Dryvans, cars. police and ambulance vehicles and School buses, etc, he even gave us some lovely VW Beetle caravettes and other vans that I have placed on all of my German routes, they look superb in their own environment, very realistic, so, even though I am a tiny bit disappointed that Marc has been unable to carry on working on the route, he's given us a lot of scenery content to play with elsewhere, and they have certainly been worth the 30 Bucks over these last 4 years, just on their own.

Cheerz. Steve.
    Last edited by ex-railwayman; 07-24-2019 at 09:11 AM. Reason: re-edit
    i5 4690 3.5 GHz Quad Core CPU, Gigabyte Z97-HD3, 16GB RAM, nVidia GTX1060 6GB, WIN 7 PRO 64-bit.

Quote Originally Posted by rgarber View Post
    But look at our post count compared to yours. Some of us have been around since the beginning (like 2001) and for many -- other members are like family.
    Rich
    Not sure what my post count has to do with it. I have actually been a trainsim.com member since 2000. I have known you Rich on this forum since then. I worked in Aussie for a few years, and when I returned, I forgot my previous credentials, so re joined. I posted a lot more in the early days, so my current post count does not reflect my actual post counts. Still scratching my head about your comment lol.
    BTW, have been a customer of Marc Nelson's for many years, and have a disk with the Feaather River route to prove it. And scale rail.

My post above, if you care to read it again, was more about disclosure. As I said, a simple message on his website that further development has been suspended. The fact the you can still purchase the truly un finished route is a cause of concern.
    Last edited by TurboBlower; 08-03-2019 at 09:19 PM.

And one more thing Rich, if you have to be well known here to have your postings taken seriously, then there is something wrong here.

If that is the case, I will think twice before I post, in case a long term member like myself offends another long term member like your self.
    My previous post above shows a typo, my original join year was 2001. I had to rejoin in 2006, as my e mail had changed, and it was quicker to just sign up again. If I had known it was going to effect my "Status" on here, I would have got Nels to recover my account.

@TurboBlower I don't see what you're reading from my post for you to post what you just did. My point all along wasn't to excoriate your post but to point out that earlier this year there was a bit of concern expressed in this thread regarding the health and welfare of Marc regarding his disappearance.

Your the one who came into this thread suggesting we were giving Marc a pass. No, rather, my comment on your membership status was of another member expressing to someone who I thought was a newbie that our discussion was of another's member health and only that.

I hope this explains the situation better.

A long overdue update is now available in the 3DTrains forum.
    3DTrains - Home of the Feather River and Sherman Hill routes for MSTS

Signature

Quote Originally Posted by Hack View Post
    A long overdue update is now available in the 3DTrains forum.

Thanks......and welcome home, Marc.
    IBM XT i386; 512Kb RAM; 5.25" FDD; 1.4Mb FDD; 5Mb HDD; VGA 256-colour graphics card; AdLib soundcard; DR DOS 6.0; Windows 3.0

Thank you, Bruce.

Signature

v1.09.27.19 update is now available.

Signature