Page 2 of 30 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: 3DTrains: Tehachapi Pass Beta Available

Great shot!
    Cheers!
    Marc - 3DTrains - Home of the Feather River and Sherman Hill routes for MSTS

Signature

And here is my speeded up Explorer negotiating the Walong loop.

Pardon me for using my favorite version of Marc's Scalerail !

B.t.w., what is the function of all these procedural Utility Paths & Points which are visible only in the editor and not in Play mode ?

Quote Originally Posted by OTTODAD View Post
    B.t.w., what is the function of all these procedural Utility Paths & Points which are visible only in the editor and not in Play mode ?
    My own visual guides. These will be removed as the scenes are completed.
    Cheers!

Signature

Quote Originally Posted by Hack View Post
    My own visual guides. These will be removed as the scenes are completed.
    Clever stuff this !

Pity this route does not use the same Origin Start Tile co-ords as Bill Putnam's Trona-Mojave-Barstow route ! Stitching your route's Tehachapi part to his would have created one of the biggest and best Railworks routes !

Just had a look of whats is ahead of you, Marc and below is Bakersfield !

I have to think of doing something to stay alive to see this route being finished !

Much of the scenery in Bakersfield will be limited to a stones throw from the rails. There's just no practical way of extending scenery as far as the eye can see, as no one would be able to run the route, let alone given enough years of my own life to finish.
    Cheers!

Signature

Quote Originally Posted by Hack View Post
    Much of the scenery in Bakersfield will be limited to a stones throw from the rails. ...
    Thank God for that!
    Wanting to play loco-engineer from 2000 feet altitude has always struck me as somewhat bizarre.
    IBM XT i386; 512Kb RAM; 5.25" FDD; 1.4Mb FDD; 5Mb HDD; VGA 256-colour graphics card; AdLib soundcard; DR DOS 6.0; Windows 3.0

Quote Originally Posted by NorthernWarrior View Post
    Looks good. What motive power is included if you don't mind me asking (given the ongoing BNSF issue)? ....
    None, Vern.
    You use whatever 'stock you have available which, for me, means SP (Donner Pass); UP (Cajon, Sherman Hill, packs) and BNSF (Marias Pass, Surfliner, Stevens Pass, packs).
    IBM XT i386; 512Kb RAM; 5.25" FDD; 1.4Mb FDD; 5Mb HDD; VGA 256-colour graphics card; AdLib soundcard; DR DOS 6.0; Windows 3.0

Marc - could you give your server a kick please? I requested a password reset as it's been a while since I logged in and couldn't find where I wrote it down, that was 24 hours ago and not received a notification yet.

Re Bakersfield - agreed. I am currently contemplating how to tackle Malone (NY) on my TS12 NYC route and the only practical way is going to be a couple of rows of buildings nearest the track then probably some sort of backdrop liberally sprinkled with trees beyond that.
    Vern.

Quote Originally Posted by NorthernWarrior View Post
    Marc - could you give your server a kick please? I requested a password reset as it's been a while since I logged in and couldn't find where I wrote it down, that was 24 hours ago and not received a notification yet.
    No indication here that the account is waiting for anything...Have you checked your spam inbox? If you like, I can change it for you so you can log in, and where you can change it to suit afterward. I'll PM you here.
    Cheers!

Signature