Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Darjeeling Himalayan Railway

Default Darjeeling Himalayan Railway

Well, 5 miles of it from Darjeeling to a little ways beyond Ghum. Dozens of bespoke assets in this beautiful rendition by Richard Scott, including numerous engines and rolling stock.

Available over at UKTrainsim.

A brief selection -

- street running par excellence...and lots of it.

Rod

Rod

Happily non partisan rail simmer getting seriously lost in a plethora of simulators...

I am not able to download it. I am a non-premium user. how to download it?

Saw this mentioned on UKTS. Looks good, only thing if I recall the original Darjeeling steam loco models had major issues with physics - unable to add coal or water and brake was either off or on hard. Perhaps someone who's tested this can confirm if that's still the case. In any event, I think a month's sub at UKTS might be worth it, to get hold of this.
    Vern.

Quote Originally Posted by superman View Post
    I am not able to download it. I am a non-premium user. how to download it?
    Hi superman - you will have to register with UKTrainsim and if you can't become a Premium member you will need to get into a queue to download. Best to wait for quiet time in the UK (very late at night or early in the morning probably). Premium membership for 1 month is 3 which is pretty good.

Vern, only run the first engine for about 20 minutes - hand brake needs to be completely off otherwise like a kangaroo - I had difficulty getting up to the 15 mph trackspeed going up out of Darjeeling but there are places where you need to drop to 5mph anyway on the tight corners going downhill. Not tried coal and water yet...

Truly beautiful modelling...well worth the 3.00

Rod

Rod

Happily non partisan rail simmer getting seriously lost in a plethora of simulators...

Default DHR RailWorks problem Richard Scott Darjeeling

Hello august1929, I've just downloaded and installed this Railway... needless to say, it's JUST AWESOME. I visited the DHR (❤) last may, as I live in INDIA. One disturbing error is occurring...that the route's TERRAIN (GROUND) TEXTURES aren't appearing! There are WHITE GROUNDS with BLUE CHECK STRIPES. So much HEARTBREAKING for me. 😥 The RailTracks also aren't showing up. The other things are OK. I am using TS18, and installed all three RWP files (stock, route, scenary). Does this ROUTE requires any other installations? Please HELP ME OUT, AS I'M NEW TO RWTS.
    PLEASE REPLY ANYONE.

Check the readme for details of any payware route(s) required to run this one. It sounds as if you are missing the one from which the ground textures are referenced, along with the track system. Depending on the track used this might also be a separate freeware download, but again not having the route you would need to check what the author has stated.
    Vern.

YES, I checked, it requires UKTS freeware pack foilage #1, I downloaded it, but unable to install it. The install shield wizard fails to identify my install location. So, I extracted the setup and got the files. But, don't know where to put those files for the route properly. PLEASE HELP @northernwarrior or anyone.

BESIDES, I also have another problem, the PEOPLE and the VEHICLES are standstill, and not moving. I checked several YouTube videos, that they'll move, but what the h** happening to me.. please help.

FINALLY FIGURED OUT THE WHOLE PROBLEM.

This isn't happening for the FOILAGE pack... the pack only contains...some vushes and scenary...i installed that and it's working properly.
    The problem..is happening because of ASSET LOADING.
    How to FIX THE PROBLEM. PLEASE HELP...AT LEAST REPLY... ANYONE.

What spec is your computer? If you're running on a low end PC/laptop or Intel graphics you may simply not have enough CPU, GPU or RAM to run the route.
    Vern.