Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Thanks Bob Wirth for another great Route!!

Default Thanks Bob Wirth for another great Route!!

Getting ready to test Bob's latest route, the Marceline Sub. Here's No. 18 ready at Kansas City Union Station ready for the last leg into Chicago.

It's incredible to think that every mile of track from Chicago to Los Angeles (and San Diego) is now represented in MSTS/Open Rails. Many thanks to all involved for making such a thing a reality for all us to enjoy! Union Station Doc Photos003.jpg

I too am just getting everything ready to test out this route! Bob has certainly set the bar very high! I love all his routes and activities.

Thanks Bob! I ran from Argentine to Marceline this evening and hopefully will have time to complete the run from Marceline to Ft Madison tomorrow.

Not being funny, but is that the finished route?
    Geoff
    Dorset - near The Swanage Railway.
    UK

Quote Originally Posted by lateagain View Post
    Not being funny, but is that the finished route?
    Yes. It was built for operations, not for sightseeing.

Quote Originally Posted by dcarleton View Post
    Yes. It was built for operations, not for sightseeing.
    ???? ....never found scenery impaired "operations" in any route! Horses for courses ....but personally a "route" is way more than track for me.
    Geoff
    UK

Quote Originally Posted by lateagain View Post
    ???? ....never found scenery impaired "operations" in any route! Horses for courses ....but personally a "route" is way more than track for me.
    It's obvious You never drove through Kansas. Not by any means knocking the Great State of Kansas, but it is pretty flat, with long stretches between towns. So to me it looks pretty spot on. Same can be said of Nebraska, Iowa, and South Dakota. In fact on the Interstate Hwys, in those States, every now and then the roadway swerves back and forth, to make sure You're paying attention / awake because it is so flat.

Stefan

Quote Originally Posted by opskeeper View Post
    It's obvious You never drove through Kansas. Not by any means knocking the Great State of Kansas, but it is pretty flat, with long stretches between towns. So to me it looks pretty spot on. Same can be said of Nebraska, Iowa, and South Dakota. In fact on the Interstate Hwys, in those States, every now and then the roadway swerves back and forth, to make sure You're paying attention / awake because it is so flat.

Stefan
    I refer you to the initial screenshot and what it supposedly shows?

The forums are full of WIP shots so my question was simply to determine if the scenery was finished? If anyone wants to drive hundreds of miles across featureless terrain that's fine but if the populated areas are equally sparsely sceneried it's not a route that would interest me. I take it from the replies so far that it is a finished route?
    Geoff
    UK