Thread: Acceleration

Default Acceleration

I've been having an issue with OR of late with acceleration after the brakes are released. It has been mainly with the GM&O F3's from MSTSGMO. As shown in the pics I tried in MSTS and OR. In MSTS everything works correctly with minimal throttle application, while in OR I have the throttle in Run 8 and can barely get past 1 mph. Any ideas what causes this? MSTS is the top pic OR on the bottom.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Did you go to the extended Brake Info shift+F5 HUD to see if all brakes really have released?
    Last edited by UP_4848_Thunder; 09-20-2015 at 07:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by cbuie View Post
    In OR I have the throttle in Run 8 and can barely get past 1 mph. Any ideas what causes this? MSTS is the top pic OR on the bottom.
    Release the Train Brakes with CTRL-; and then apply throttle:

http://www.otto-wipfel.co.uk/video/drive-orts.wmv

P.S.: I presume that you have the latest ORTS X.3257 installed ?
    Last edited by OTTODAD; 09-20-2015 at 08:03 PM.

Yes all of the brakes are released. I noticed that the engine itself starts up in both MSTS and OR with the brakes fully released but still a struggle to start the train moving.

I've updated to the latest OR and the problem still persists. It seems just to be that one engine in particular because all my other locos work fine.

Then I would suspect the values in that specific eng file. Compare the lines under the Wagon line with an F3 that exhibits no problems, perhaps from another set. A BLW F3 perhaps. Something has to be wrong in the engine file, that MSTS is ignoring - OR uses the data as provided by the file.
    Cheers, Gerry
    It's my railroad and I'll do what I want! Historically accurate attitude of US Railroad Barons.
    Forever, ridin' drag in railroad knowledge.

Check your power rating under the wagon listings, the power may be Kn instead of Kw

Quote Originally Posted by lineman View Post
    Check your power rating under the wagon listings, the power may be Kn instead of Kw
    This was exactly the problem. Everything is working fine now. Thank you