Thread: New RTS Update Coming This Week

Default New RTS Update Coming This Week

Just made a major change (be it only a few lines of code) that will allow true random interchanges introduced from the waybill system. This change has made the interchange feature of RTS obsolete. In the past you were forced to do some creative stuff just to get an interchange to work beyond the limits of what Run8 gives us. In fact we often stored cars here and on mainlines out of Bakersfield (that is coming to an end).

We have now implemented the feature right into our waybill system. Basically when you specified a waybill it automatically attempted to put power in place based on min HPT requirements. What will happen now is if it reads 0 as a minimum HPT requirement it will automatically skip any engines from spawning. The photo below here is a test waybill I ran against the new code. It called for 10 used oil and 10 hoppers all empty and with the tag "BOO" to scare away any programming bugs I guess it worked as I believe 22 cars were actually called with the various random types and actual numbers based on the random number generation of RTS.

With the center beams and other car types in play, we are in the process of going through various offline interchanges to see what we may have missed. It came apparent that this was long overdue considering SJVR ButtonWillow has about 160 cars offline (running a 30 car interchange just doesn't cut it anymore).

Once this is released this week with the addition of new centerbeam data interchanges ability will be at a whole new level for the RTS software. Not only will we have the mainline ability to do what we always been able to. But multiple spawns (say to build a 40 car approximate train out of Buttonwillow) will allow a switcher to work this junction, and spawn sections one at a time until the train is built for BK regardless of the size of the interchange in Run8. It will also allow us to use something other than ES44s which unfortunately is still a default with software at this time.

Still working on some more stuff in the next 48 hours or so, but I'll post an update when the latest version of the software becomes available. Features, suggestions, and other comments are always welcome here or my forums any time.

Thanks

Sean

The October 2, 2015 beta of RTS is now available with the features mentioned above. Software is available at the software link on the page listed in the signature below. More updates to data files will be announced on my forum over the weekend and into next week.

Thanks

Sean

Found a bug in this where anything requiring only 1 engine to meet tonnage did not spawn. I found the issue and it has been resolved (issue in 1 line of my code). The update will be posted probably by the end of the week after I have a chance to add more trains to my data.

Thanks

Sean