Thread: Video Card

Default Video Card

Hi
    I am using a gtx560 card now, will I see any improvement if I go to a gtx750 card

Quote Originally Posted by pwelt View Post
    Hi
    I am using a gtx560 card now, will I see any improvement if I go to a gtx750 card
    In a word, No.
    http://www.videocardbenchmark.net/high_end_gpus.html

The biggest change will be in the heat dept, as the 5x chips got overly hot.
    3DTrains - Home of the Feather River and Sherman Hill routes for MSTS

Signature

Damn, my GTX 650 TI is worse than your gtx560. Why?
    Good day, sir

I have a 750ti. It's good enough for many things (and was a vast improvement over the bottom-feeder ATI I had before), and uses little power (fits within the PCIe slot power budget; no need for an extra power connector). Oh yes - that's the *ti* version not the plain 750 ... the plain one is in fact a little worse than the 650 in one of the tests in the link above and insignificantly better in the other. Since the ti is not much more expensive than the plain 750, it doesn't make sense to go for the lower version (mainly, the ti has more memory; it also has a very slightly faster clock).

In your case, if you're going for performance improvement look elsewhere. If you're looking for reducing power (and heat) demand, without a noticeable change in performance, consider the 750ti. Don't get the 750.

In Open Rails, the 750ti made it playable for me (reported frame rates in the 60s-70s in most routes; over 100 in some older ones with minimal scenery; old ATI struggled to break 20fps was was very choppy). Rest of the system is old (Core2Extreme, 8G RAM) but the bottleneck was (and still is, though not as bad; in the debug F5 display the render thread is still at 100% most of the time) the GPU.
    Last edited by mikeebb; 08-09-2016 at 11:17 AM.